VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a newbie, so apologies upfront if I've missed the thread elsewhere on the forum.

who's or what's the best insurance company/broker for a T5 2011 LWB conversion please?

Was a van under company fleet insurance...passed to conversion company insurance whilst it's getting converted at the moment will need to insure it correctly to drive the ole girl home

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Try A Plan, Brentacre and Adrian Flux. Explain exactly what you are doing and they should be able to sort out a plan for you.

I went with AF but only after negotiating a guaranteed value payout on the van. Cost slightly more but gives peace of mind.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
MAKE SURE THAT WHAT YOU HAVE ASKED FOR IS ACTUALLY INCLUDED IN YOUR QUOTED POLICY .
Having fallen foul of this in the past please make sure you get what you think you're paying for .

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
One major thing is to make sure that either you or the conversion company change the category to a Motor Caravan. It reduces the cost vastly and some policies insist on it.

·
2012 180 Sportline SWB Camper
1,144 Posts
Ring A-Plan but don't just speak to anybody at A-Plan speak to Dan. His details in the first post in this thread or here:

Dan Cameron
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910
www.aplan.co.uk

Worth ringing round (Brentacre, Greenlight etc) and getting several quotes of course but for me Dan @ A-Plan pulls it out the bag every time. T:

Personally I wouldn't bother with AF they seem all very well and good until claim or renewal. Then somebody goes public on here and you get the "PM me your details and I'll see what I can do" copy and paste. Just as predictable now as the "Hi, if you wanted to drop me a PM I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you." copy and paste which will undoubtedly follow this post.

Many on here including myself have their own tales of woe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, i will give Dan a call tomorrow.
I have also insured through AF in the past and I agree the premium rockets on renewal despite no claims...as we have all the time in the world to waste phoning around haven't we?!
some great answers and advice
Cheers all
Mark

868 Posts
Thanks everyone, i will give Dan a call tomorrow.
I have also insured through AF in the past and I agree the premium rockets on renewal despite no claims...as we have all the time in the world to waste phoning around haven't we?!
some great answers and advice
Cheers all
Mark
Hi,
Did you try ourselves for insurance at all?
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Easy to communicate with when you take out the policy, but a very different story when you have a claim to make.

I speak from current experience.
THIS. oh and the fact they 'auto renewed' the policy about a week before it was due to expire.....with notice they were taking the money out in one go so the account went overdrawn and got fined T: .....also took an age to refund it as id found a better deal.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
THIS. oh and the fact they 'auto renewed' the policy about a week before it was due to expire.....with notice they were taking the money out in one go so the account went overdrawn and got fined T: .....also took an age to refund it as id found a better deal.
I'll bear that in mind thanks.

Funny, the silence from Dan is deafening - very different story when he gets a whiff of business.

Can you hear me at the back Dan ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very interesting to hear about AF sounding unhelpful/unreceptive when you come to make a claim, i have just moved to brentacre from Aplan.
12 months ago i renewed with Aplan and as at the time my t5 was my only vehicle as i had sold my everday car, they increased my premium substantialy, i have since bought a car for eveyday use but this years premium only dropped very slightly and loads of waffle on the phone as to the reason why.
Found Aplan very good pricewise the 1st time i took out a policy with them, after that, it looked as though they were after as much as they could get, loyalty it seems does not pay.
One of brentacres sales pitch is they dont charge for some changes on your policy ie i asked about a remap on my 84 bhp van and they said it,s free up to 140bhp but having said that I will be on the move again if the price is not right next year

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Very interesting to hear about AF sounding unhelpful/unreceptive when you come to make a claim, i have just moved to brentacre from Aplan.
12 months ago i renewed with Aplan and as at the time my t5 was my only vehicle as i had sold my everday car, they increased my premium substantialy, i have since bought a car for eveyday use but this years premium only dropped very slightly and loads of waffle on the phone as to the reason why.
Found Aplan very good pricewise the 1st time i took out a policy with them, after that, it looked as though they were after as much as they could get, loyalty it seems does not pay.
One of brentacres sales pitch is they dont charge for some changes on your policy ie i asked about a remap on my 84 bhp van and they said it,s free up to 140bhp but having said that I will be on the move again if the price is not right next year
This is pretty much the same with all insurance companies. i have auto renew off on all of mine for this very reason.

Every year I do a requote on all my vehicles. the difference is usually around £100 less quoted against auto renew. This year with my Mazda CX-5 it was £265.against auto renew of £490.00. So it can make a huge difference. Of course, the higher the base premium the greater the saving on auto renew.

Insurance companies do not give you a bonus for loyalty so why stay loyal to them?

868 Posts
I'll bear that in mind thanks.

Funny, the silence from Dan is deafening - very different story when he gets a whiff of business.

Can you hear me at the back Dan ?
Hi.
I am here. I have been away with my family so it's the first time I've been back on here.
If anyone has any issues with their policies with us they only need to drop me a line. I'm happy to look into any grievances customers have and I'll do my upmost to try and resolve any issues.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I suppose that even the cheapest bargain annual premium is going to seem like/be a rip off if the insurance company is unreceptive/ unhelpful/refuse to help etc, maybe we are looking at insurance companies the wrong way round.
I,m guilty of rating them on price. Will be interesting to see how dan at AF deals with the previous posters issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts