VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm having a spot of bother. My van insurance runs out tomorrow at midday. I was given a quote in the week of £500, when I phoned just now to take it out I was told its now £846. Last year I paid £626. Not impressed.

My Ltd company owns the van and I drive it for business use. I also use it to commute to my day job as a PAYE employee with a different company.

The van has 3 limo tint rear windows. I cant get anybody to insure me after telling them this apart from Admiral whoare the above mentioned £846.

Has anybody else tried to insure their company PANEL van with rear windows and where did you go?

Thanks

Darren

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way my company is software based. I could have had a car but wanted a van !! :ILU:

The van is not sign written, doesnt have allows etc.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
A lot of people get on well with Brentacre http://www.brentacre.co.uk I use them to insure my van for work etc, they are very easy to get on with.

Colour coded, alloys etc, no camper interior, T5 2.5 174 about £350 from memory.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I will phone Breantacre first thing monday as they arent open tomorrow.

Hopefully save a few quid !!

·
Registered
596 Posts
i called brentacre and they qouted me £519 with breakdown, my van is lowered, side windows, extra seats. They also said they dont charge when you call to notify of changes/mods throughout your conversion. I called HIC who i was insured with last year, they quoted me £660 !!!!!!!........told them what Brentacre quoted and they quickly came back with £514 and said they'll waiver the £25 admin fee to alter my policy through out the build.............don;t ask you don't get lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet.

Business cover, business millage, commute to perm place of work, tinted windows.

£535 full comp protected.

Saved over £300 on Admiral

I love this god damn forum !!

Thanks everyone who replied.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, your thread got me worried.
I'm buying a transporter 1000, 1.9 TD next week, and have whittled down quotes from £1590 to £412 with zero no-claims as my previous no-claims expired after a period of non driving.
I haven't actually seen the van yet, and will be inspecting it on site next week, but I do know it has rear and side windows although I don't know if they are tinted.
There was no question relating to the windows in any of the quotes. Is this likely to affect premiums for me? If so why?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, your thread got me worried.
I'm buying a transporter 1000, 1.9 TD next week, and have whittled down quotes from £1590 to £412 with zero no-claims as my previous no-claims expired after a period of non driving.
I haven't actually seen the van yet, and will be inspecting it on site next week, but I do know it has rear and side windows although I don't know if they are tinted.
There was no question relating to the windows in any of the quotes. Is this likely to affect premiums for me? If so why?
Thanks
AVIVA QUOTE UNAFFECTED BY ADDITIONAL SIDE WINDOWS
I have actually answered my own question, thanks to this very forum.
I amended my existing online quote to include the (untinted) windows as a modification and the premium has remained unaffected at £412. that's 160 better than the best offer from comparison sites.
Chuffed with that, esp with the zero no-claims.
Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts