VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to change my address to a Manchester based address from my old address which was a Leicester one. I'm with Brentacre who have been really good so far, however today they admitted that the underwriters that they use refused to insure my van within a Manchester postcode. The guys at Brentacre were helpful in that they bartered with their underwriters and who said they would insure me but would raise my premium by £600 (already £800 per year) and would require me to fit a CAT 1 alarm. I said I wasn't going to pay this so they're now issuing me with a 7 day cancellation letter.

So now I have 7 days to find a new insurer. Anyone had any issues insuring their van in Manchester? My van is a T4 Transporter that I'm converting to a campervan. I'm 24 with 3 Years NCB.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Manchester is a high rated area and a lot of insurance companies are currently either hiking the premiums or refusing to cover certain sectors.

We deal with a couple of underwriters that may be able to offer you a competetive premium in Manchester. If you wanted to PM me you contact number i'll call you back and see what we can do.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance (http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/volkswagen-transporter-insurance/)
01277 376 000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts