VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1.9 2006 T5! And recently, I've been having intercooler hose problems! See pic below! So that retaining clip just no longer says Yes anymore, slips slides off and thus means the pipe just keeps slipping!
I've got a complete loss of power,interupted revving and just rubbish performance due to this; now some have said jubilee clips will sort it, but if the intercooler inlet is solid steel, how exactly does a jubilee clip tightened, keep it in place?

I'm under the impression this is a common fault; so if you have fixes. Do let me know ( And no jokes about if my turbos blown thanks; can;t handle the grief!) :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm now that you mention it; there is some oil on the right hand side next to the hose coming OUT of the intercooler!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it’s a new hose you’ve tried and it still blows out you’ll have wear on the inter cooler inlet, the lugs on the hose start to wear and move about and this in turn wears the notch, if it’s just blowing off at one side you might get away with a self tapper through it though I’m not sure how much room there is to get at it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm I did think that.it is such a horrible part to get to due to where it is. It's going to a garage over the weekend hopefully they'll identify the root cause

1 - 12 of 12 Posts