VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have people put in when they've changed their intercooler on a 2.5 TDi (102)??????????

Considering the options on doing this as well as other things to get the BHP up. Now I'm not chasing BHP stats like readers of Maxpower but, In reality, I'm after making the driving experience a little bit more enjoyable and most of all- More economical.

Taking this into account, If you've done a load of work, can you list your experiences and what you've done and found. I'm basically looking at PP injectors amongst other things.T:

high fives and thanks in advance.:ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Sprinter or LT intercooler for the win, OEM looking too if you get the pipework done correctly. I am using a universal FMIC and its OK but the core is not as well packed as i would like so i'm looking to change for a Sprinter FMIC myself soon T:T:T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sprinter or LT intercooler for the win, OEM looking too if you get the pipework done correctly. I am using a universal FMIC and its OK but the core is not as well packed as i would like so i'm looking to change for a Sprinter FMIC myself soon T:T:T:
Ok cool. cheers JJ. Something I'll look at and see where I can get one for a cheap enough price. Obviously it's bigger than the Stock one so where have you located yours and where will you place the LT one????

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Ok cool. cheers JJ. Something I'll look at and see where I can get one for a cheap enough price. Obviously it's bigger than the Stock one so where have you located yours and where will you place the LT one????
Mine is behind the grill and its a tight squeeze and involved lots of trimming to make the grill fit back on, looks cool but not the best designed IC i have ever come across. The Sprinter one will go in the same place but is twice the surface area for better cooling. The other option i had considered was fitting one low down on the engine guard, behind the bumper and fitting some Mk4 golf grilles to give the airflow. This is probably a better option as IMHO th heat soak is still an issue when the IC is mounted so close to the radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts