VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is - the LT intercooler fitted, just gotta finish pipework now, and wind up the boost a bit more :)

its easy to fit people, dont be scared of a bit of drilling and grinding :)

any questions, feelfree to ask :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's a couple more :)

this pic is now fitted both sides, and both sides trimmed etc. the other pic above was drivers side cut, but not both :)

In response - no, no problems with grille. I found a neat idea :)

basically, undo the two top 13mm nuts that hold radiator in place, move rad back so is puched over engine. Look underneath the rad, and see where the little pins sit in divits in the bottom front panel. Then re mark these divets as far back in the lower panel as poss - and drill 2 x 12mm holes. one each end. The bottom of the rad will then drop in these, instead of the 2 original divits, and will effectively sit the rad more upright. however, the top 2 x bolts will still do up fine, and all fans and cowels clear pump, and engine etc!

In doing this, it gives about 2 inches of extra clearance at the bottomby the bumper, for the intercooler. the cooler now fits in this gap, and the grille fits back as it chould, all be it with a HUGE intercooler wedged behind it, lol!

Oh,and P.A.S cooler needs moving. Im going to get some 15mm copper, and make my own cooler pipe, basically keeping it in the same place as it chould be, but without the pass side of it sweeping down, it'll go straight back , and into engine bay exactly as the drivers side does??

does that make sense?? lol?

·
Registered
340 Posts
you might start to hit a problem when you do your pipe work ,i used this intercooler when i done my old van and with the pipes on the i/c outlets it is very very tight against the ends of the radiator, cheers rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts