VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys,

Heres one for you with the 88 bhp Blue I AJT code engine.

The IC from a mitsi L200 fits in the place of the original VW one !

Its fatter and has a larger core and is cheap as chis from a scrappy near you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-L200-2004-2-5TD-INTERCOOLER-WITH-FAN_W0QQitemZ270454983956QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef85f8d14&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Even comes with a fan for that heat soak feelin ;)

You use the stock pipe for the sensor and some of the mitsi pipe too. Might need a bend or two but is a doddle.
And the front bracket from the 102, couple of 90 degree metal strips for the rear bracket. Fan not essential !

Pic to follow soon.

Ron.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
IS this to fit on to top of IM or in front of the radiator as most IC mod`s do?

Looks good though

T:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in, just bought one from your ebay link. thanks for the heads up. Just the fitting now, I know i should search but any one with the VW part numbers for the bracket and ducting??

Thanks
Dave

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some one will have that info,

I just saw a friend of mine at his workshop and he was most proud to tell me about it.

Recconend he could really feel the difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been thinking about some sort of fan on top of my Allard intercooler for a while (mainly from fiddling around in my PC and seeing heatsinks with fans on). I guess this is proof that a fan blowing cool air into the intercooler instead of just hot air coming off the engine is a good idea. :ILU:

Now to find a slim fan that I can wire in to the ignition. T:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got a 1.9td i've seen others on here fit the standard intercooler. I'm going to totally remove the EGR valve and rotate the inlet by 180. See Jimmyjames photos he mounted a VW intercooler on home made brackets.

I've had a search around on here but cant find the VW part numbers for braket and ducting.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I'm in, just bought one from your ebay link. thanks for the heads up. Just the fitting now, I know i should search but any one with the VW part numbers for the bracket and ducting??

Thanks
Dave
Part number for the bonnet duct on a short nose is 701-145-843-A can have a look for the other numbers when I get home.

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another vies of the stock mitsi IC

As you can see there is a fan. Dont know if it fits but if it does, well one can hook it up to the fans and have it come on when the engine gets hot ...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Interesting!

If there is room for the fan under the bonnet.....

Wonder if the shroud around the fan keeps a lot of the natural airflow away.....was it meant to run all the time?

Could this be a good alternative to the standard version as it doesn't have plastic sides to melt if used in conjunction with a hybrid turbo?

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting!

Could this be a good alternative to the standard version as it doesn't have plastic sides to melt if used in conjunction with a hybrid turbo?
Another thing I was thinking.

Well said.

I think I might have to go get one and do a how too on this.

1 - 20 of 483 Posts