VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive got a sprinter/lt front mounted intercooler where can i get some pipework to join it all up?

will it effect engine temp? it sits in front of rad reducing air to it? does the colling make engine run cooler?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm no guru on the subject but mounted in front of the rad your still gonna get air thro' the rad, whether it has an impact on the running temp? but plenty of people have done it so it must be OK. You can get pipes, connectors etc from Will at TidyT's, which are good quality.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
:ILU:2" alloy pipe 2.5 metres i paid £10 for assortment of silicone 90 degree bends and some strights ithink you will need silicon reducers from the IC to the rest of the pipework as i think the sprinter Ic has 3" outlets keep the pipework to 2" otherwise your charge pressure will drop!!! To be fair the cooling surface area of the LT/Sprinter IC is the same as the standard 102bhp acv top mount unit.......

this is what i went for................. with pipework as mentioned above and it made a big big difference to power.................................

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33670&page=9

have alook at photos half way down page........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts