VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Over the past wo weeks I notices some 'hissing' under the hood with lacking power between 2000-2500RPM with black smoke from the rear. Seen a mechanic who suspected the intercooler and recommended to replace the hoses and the intercooler at the same time. He was indeed correct and found a lovely split intercooler this morning (see picture below)

This morning I have done the above, everything is tight and well secured in place although I've now got NO power from 2000RPM on-wards. There is a slight 'hissing' remaining when really putting the foot down which comes together with a huge black smokescreen behind me.

Any idea what I may be missing here? :*

Worth noting that Yes I have checked if all hoses are tight and in place.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did this on my van now this summer, and still got som hissing around 2000, the local mmechanic says it might be a stucky VNT or the vaccum hoses on it.

i havnt got around to look at it yet, maby it helps you :)

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
I did this on my van now this summer, and still got som hissing around 2000, the local mmechanic says it might be a stucky VNT or the vaccum hoses on it.

i havnt got around to look at it yet, maby it helps you :)
A stuck VNT will usually put you into limp mode with an under boost or over boost fault as the VNT vanes won't be able to move and control the boost pressure correctly.

Do you actually get a hissing sound or a very strange churp noise like a belt slipping?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts