VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to get this right before i part with any hard earned... I have an 03 2,5TDI 88bhp AJT engine. if i want to fit the standard vw intercooler is it as simple as purchasing the 2 pipes intercooler and brackets and fitting to my van or do i need to have anything done with the engine managment system?

·
Registered
759 Posts
just fit it mate no remap needed just make sure
you have the right intercooler
there's 4 pin and a 2 pin one
just check your temp sensor
one the existing pipeT:T:T:

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Check out the post in the engine technical articles section T:
If you have a 2pin senser, you can splice in the pipe for the 4pin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys ive just taken the plug out of the existing sensor and it has 4 pins in so guess i will require an intercooler with 4 pin sensor.

·
6,703 Posts
Ideally yes, but if you get a 2 pin you can splice the 4 pin sensor into the pipework and it will do the same job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry another question... after looking at the parts digram at my local vw dealer which had many more pipes on than i expected. i was infromed that the pipework for fitting an intercooler to an AJT engine was different to the 2 pipes fitted on the ACV etc. why is this? and can i just use the 2 pipes fitted on the ACV engine as this is obviously a cheaper option.

·
Registered
427 Posts
can't answer that one i'm afraid . But just a thought when ordering the brackets , there is 2 different front mount plates 1 for short nose 1 for long . if you want a long nose , i have one in the garage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts