VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 08 T5. I noticed yesterday that when I press the interior central locking button, all the doors lock except the passenger one. If actual fact the plunger does go down but then comes back up and unlocks.

If I use the remote fob it works for all doors.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can remedy it?

Cheers
adi

·
Registered
97 Posts
Part of my reply to another post which I've copied below should help you as same part triggers light, locking and lights on buzzer

Gaz

Regarding the locking, the van will auto lock if you press the fob and don't get in, this is a security feature. However if the lock mechanism is broken in the door ( like mine is) if you unlock the door and open the door but do not turn the key( which we do a lot when we've just got a new van as we're playing) the locking does not register this and still locks. The way to test is to turn your lights on with the door open and if the lights on warning buzzer does not sound it's faulty. This is run off the same broken part

Hope this helps.

Ps I've not checked exactly what part is broken as getting behind the door card and steel plate is a mission I'm told :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Hi.

I am also interested in this as it looks like my van is doing exactly the same. As Gaz says changing the door lock is a bit of a mission, I know this because I recently did it to the drivers door but its not impossible. I am only hoping that its just a connector that hasnt been plugged back in properly otherwise its looking towards replacing the door lock (again!)

Julia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts