VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start off by thanking those who helped supply me with the info and diagrams to make this possible. I appreciate your help. That's what forums are for! I know there is already a thread for fitting a central locking switch to the driver's door. This is my version and applies to those who don't have the Drivers Door ECU built into the window motor.

My Van specs:
2009 Pre-Facelift T5 2.5 BNZ Panel van
Electric windows (no ECU in drivers door)
Central locking
No central locking switch!

Before and after:

Parts needed (Genuine VW from TPS):
  1. Central locking switch - 7E0 962 125 A
  2. Switch Housing - 7H5 959 539
  3. 4-pin plug for switch - 8KO 973 754 B
  4. Pins for plug x3 - 000 979 009 EA
Wiring diagram for the switch is as follows:
  1. Brown/Black - Earth
  2. Grey/Blue - Positive for illumination
  3. Yellow - Trigger wire
  4. Spare

Excuse my white wires, yours will be yellow if genuine VW.

Once you've removed your door card you'll need to strip back the cloth tape on the window switch wiring and connect the following:
  • Pin 1 from new plug to brown/black on window switch
  • Pin 2 from new plug to Grey/blue on window switch

That's your illumination and earth for the switch sorted!

Now for the trigger wire. Many people run this to the cab and to the black plug behind light switch. You don't need to.

If you unplug your window motor plug which looks like this:

You should have 2 Yellow/Blue wires in this plug. You need the one in Pin 10 (Alongside white/red wire). Extend your wire from new plug pin 3 and tap into this Yellow/Blue wire.
Now plug everything in and test.
Your switch may work the opposite of how it's supposed to (Lock to unlock, unlock to lock). Don't ask me why. You can't just swap wires around, it won't work. There is a simple way around this. Follow these steps if you have this issue, otherwise start your reassembly process.

Insert a small flat blade screwdriver in here and separate switch without breaking anything. (Don't worry, nothing will come flying out at you!)

Then, looking at the inside of the now separated switch you should see a small plastic key that prevents you from clipping the switch back together upside down. You want to remove that with a blade.
Then simply clip it together upside down so that the lock switch now becomes the unlock switch and vice versa.

Insert switch into housing, cut a portion out your door card to accommodate for bigger switch housing, and reassemble!

Good Luck! :)

Brad Hanson
Follow me at @t5_vancave!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me start off by thanking those who helped supply me with the info and diagrams to make this possible. I appreciate your help. That's what forums are for! I know there is already a thread for fitting a central locking switch to the driver's door. This is my version and applies to those who don't have the Drivers Door ECU built into the window motor.

My Van specs:
2009 Pre-Facelift T5 2.5 BNZ Panel van
Electric windows (no ECU in drivers door)
Central locking
No central locking switch!

Before and after:
View attachment 178477

Parts needed (Genuine VW from TPS):
  1. Central locking switch - 7E0 962 125 A
  2. Switch Housing - 7H5 959 539
  3. 4-pin plug for switch - 8KO 973 754 B
  4. Pins for plug x3 - 000 979 009 EA
Wiring diagram for the switch is as follows:
  1. Brown/Black - Earth
  2. Grey/Blue - Positive for illumination
  3. Yellow - Trigger wire
  4. Spare
View attachment 178478
View attachment 178483
Excuse my white wires, yours will be yellow if genuine VW.

Once you've removed your door card you'll need to strip back the cloth tape on the window switch wiring and connect the following:
  • Pin 1 from new plug to brown/black on window switch
  • Pin 2 from new plug to Grey/blue on window switch
View attachment 178479
That's your illumination and earth for the switch sorted!

Now for the trigger wire. Many people run this to the cab and to the black plug behind light switch. You don't need to.

If you unplug your window motor plug which looks like this:
View attachment 178480
You should have 2 Yellow/Blue wires in this plug. You need the one in Pin 10 (Alongside white/red wire). Extend your wire from new plug pin 3 and tap into this Yellow/Blue wire.
Now plug everything in and test.
Your switch may work the opposite of how it's supposed to (Lock to unlock, unlock to lock). Don't ask me why. You can't just swap wires around, it won't work. There is a simple way around this. Follow these steps if you have this issue, otherwise start your reassembly process.

Insert a small flat blade screwdriver in here and separate switch without breaking anything. (Don't worry, nothing will come flying out at you!)

View attachment 178481

Then, looking at the inside of the now separated switch you should see a small plastic key that prevents you from clipping the switch back together upside down. You want to remove that with a blade.
Then simply clip it together upside down so that the lock switch now becomes the unlock switch and vice versa.

View attachment 178482

Insert switch into housing, cut a portion out your door card to accommodate for bigger switch housing, and reassemble!

Good Luck! :)

Brad Hanson
Follow me at @t5_vancave!
[/QUOTE
Works all the time! Initially I thought it was only with ignition on.
thanks Brad ....
Mine didn’t have the wire in pin 10 of the window motor plug.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts