VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where you can get hold of these:

It connects to the rear interior lights as below:

I have a couple of extra lights to install as in this picture (courtesy of Absolut5):

The other option is to butcher the two extra lights and solder the connections. I was then going to use molex connectors to adapt the existing loom to add the additional lights.

Best regards

·
Registered
436 Posts
T.P.S there may be a part number on the plug which will make it easier to look up and the wiring tails (pins) are available or you could use single terminal female spade crimps?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T.P.S there may be a part number on the plug which will make it easier to look up and the wiring tails (pins) are available or you could use single terminal female spade crimps?
Thanks for the suggestion but no part number markings I'm afraid, my Google-Foo has let me down as well. :(

However I have discovered these rather nifty looking cable splices. They should prevent me from having to cut the existing lighting loom and will make the modification easily removable.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Crimp-Blade-Splice-33-0190

I think I'll use these in combination with a molex socket and plug at the light fitting. Looks like soldering is probably the best solution for the connection to light fittings.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Any luck finding the part number of anyone that stocks these?
I added a couple of extra standard lights in a while back and had the same issue and need for those clips. Bought them from local VW dealer parts counter. Just dug my receipt out and the part is

V1t0 972703 and described as a 'non stock housing' cost £1.01 each on 17/11/15

I used V000979703 ' 19e2 wires' £3.00 each and crimp on scotchlock connectors to splice into the existing circuits.

The wires come with two metal clips one on each end which push into the housing clip, as each extra light has three wires you just cut each wire in half making two, so if fitting one light you need two wires (4 clipped ends) if fitting two lights you need three wires (6 clipped ends).

Hope that helps, could scan and email my receipt if you PM me an address, should avoid any confusion at the dealers then A:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I added a couple of extra standard lights in a while back and had the same issue and need for those clips. Bought them from local VW dealer parts counter. Just dug my receipt out and the part is

V1t0 972703 and described as a 'non stock housing' cost £1.01 each on 17/11/15

I used V000979703 ' 19e2 wires' £3.00 each and crimp on scotchlock connectors to splice into the existing circuits.

The wires come with two metal clips one on each end which push into the housing clip, as each extra light has three wires you just cut each wire in half making two, so if fitting one light you need two wires (4 clipped ends) if fitting two lights you need three wires (6 clipped ends).

Hope that helps, could scan and email my receipt if you PM me an address, should avoid any confusion at the dealers then A:
Cheers fella, just the job T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts