VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the vans had its pop top fitted. The standard interior light in the cab has been refitted after the headlining was retrimmed. But, because of the extra depth from the lining the interior light isn't clipping into place and keeps dropping down. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Also, I am after one of the lights with the map light and delay and dim feature. Anyone know where I can get one? I see lots for sale on ebay but the seller usually can't be bother to confirm if the ones they are selling have the delay/dim feature.

Cheers

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,096 Posts
So the vans had its pop top fitted. The standard interior light in the cab has been refitted after the headlining was retrimmed. But, because of the extra depth from the lining the interior light isn't clipping into place and keeps dropping down. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Also, I am after one of the lights with the map light and delay and dim feature. Anyone know where I can get one? I see lots for sale on ebay but the seller usually can't be bother to confirm if the ones they are selling have the delay/dim feature.

Cheers
This happened to me after carpetting over the headlining, and all I did was to trim the shaped plastic "clip" part on one side so there was a more pronounced edge to it. Once I did that it clips in perfectly and still looks the same and pushes in and out as it should T:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This happened to me after carpetting over the headlining, and all I did was to trim the shaped plastic "clip" part on one side so there was a more pronounced edge to it. Once I did that it clips in perfectly and still looks the same and pushes in and out as it should T:
An even better simple solution. I think I know what you mean, will have a look.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thanks. Will that have the delay and dim though?
I've had one of each and they both had the delay feature. I assume you had the standard light before hand? If you want it to dim with the key at 1st, you'll have to connect the fourth pin to an ignition live.

This is the latest one I have: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271797275446

1 - 11 of 11 Posts