VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :)

Just picked up our van and got a million things we want to do to it but primarily bought it as a surf bus.. So wandered if anyone has adapted their van for surfboards, to keep them from rattling around in the back or just to keep them out the way.. We havn't even had our van long enough to put our boards in it yet as it's having the bumper painted etc but thought it would be nice to see some pics if anyone has some?? I've seen another post of someone who has built a special box to house their boards in and it looks pretty cool.. Oh and the shiny brown van that has a shower in his tailgate, awesome idea! Just looking for ideas really T:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi everyone :)

Just picked up our van and got a million things we want to do to it but primarily bought it as a surf bus.. So wandered if anyone has adapted their van for surfboards, to keep them from rattling around in the back or just to keep them out the way.. We havn't even had our van long enough to put our boards in it yet as it's having the bumper painted etc but thought it would be nice to see some pics if anyone has some?? I've seen another post of someone who has built a special box to house their boards in and it looks pretty cool.. Oh and the shiny brown van that has a shower in his tailgate, awesome idea! Just looking for ideas really T:

I am going to make an internal roof rack for my boards. So they are in the van but up by the roof!

Will get some pics when done, but effectively a bar at front and one at end that are removable

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to make an internal roof rack for my boards. So they are in the van but up by the roof!

Will get some pics when done, but effectively a bar at front and one at end that are removable
Sounds like a great idea, great use of space.. be interested to hear how you get on and see some pics once you've done it T:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi

We have done a few interior modifications for surfboards and other watersports equipment storage for VW'S and a few other vehicles.

This was done in a T5 for a customer who windsurfs, surfs and kitesurfs and wanted space to store all of his kit and an area to sleep on.

This was a full conversion in a T5 with space under the rock n roll bed for the customer to slide his surfboard under.

A Fiat Scudo with bed with underneath storage space.

And a Renault Traffic with platform that has a flip up section for storage of larger sporting items such as mountain bikes!

I hope this gives you some ideas T:

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Redruth
Cornwall
www.westcountrycampervans.co.uk

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone A:

There are quite a few different ideas there that we could work with.. Still not sure if we are going to convert the inside of ours camper style or just leave the seats and back empty, think it will be best to use it for a while and see what we think after that.. I can see buying a T5 has opened up a whole can of worms in terms of mods... (and will potentially set fire to our pockets) LOL:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have put two elasticated cargo nets on the roof and made a stopper board that sits directly above the front head rests, i have two boards up there all the time with hardly any impact on the headroom in the back.

I'll try and stick a picture up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts