VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i'm looking at a few options, i'm looking at buying a t4 and really wanted a multivan but there are none, or the ones that are around are so out of my league it's untrue !..

anyhow for my needs i'd really like a multivan style rear seat which is three seats, but with built in 3 point seat belts (not like the multivan / caravelle which have then in the roof by the side windows).
On top of this just to be exact i also would like to mount this seat on rails where i can move it up or down the van (or remove if need be)

is there such a thing available ??, if so how much does it cost ?

if you can think of other options happy to listen and think about it...
now i do a lot of biking so ideally so would like to have the ability to put fiamma bike rack on rear for say two / three bikes, get a couple of mates and travel to a location to cycle say top of five people hence two bikes inside the van and required five seats.

i have two children so will need min four seats ideal five, i would like to go to a couple of shows where i could stay over in the van (i.e seats convert to a bed or if push comes to shove air bed on floor) but this would be just me or the two little ones as my better half is not into the show scene.

van wise i'm looking at the t4 swb with windows in the middle sectino at least or all window like the carevelle and ideally tailgate version not barn doors..

also while i'm on the subject of miltivan bits, is there an option anywhere to buy the pannel that the table section sits in (panel below drivers side middle section of the van below window.) ??

sorry for all the questions ...

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Try a PM to Nealglover (on here) he can sort you out with a Multivan saet / bed for a panel van.

·
Registered
362 Posts
the mazda bongos have a slidy seat setup and they fold flat fold forward and tilt int diferant positions on a 40/60 split for more comfort (like a front seat does) if you want it to be two seats some of the camper convertors do these they are actualy teh 3 seaters cut and made in to two seaters and there pretty comfy ( so my passengers say im normaly driving, although i do occationaly sit in it whist pondering my next task on the van) and there normaly pretty cheap from the right places

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try a PM to Nealglover (on here) he can sort you out with a Multivan saet / bed for a panel van.
i'll give him a shout, not sure how the seat belt thing will work out if i want to lide the seat forward etc...

the mazda bongos have a slidy seat setup and they fold flat fold forward and tilt int diferant positions on a 40/60 split for more comfort (like a front seat does) if you want it to be two seats some of the camper convertors do these they are actualy teh 3 seaters cut and made in to two seaters and there pretty comfy ( so my passengers say im normaly driving, although i do occationaly sit in it whist pondering my next task on the van) and there normaly pretty cheap from the right places
have not used the thought of different models and what seat options they have yet.. god thinking i'll also take a look into this.

·
Registered
362 Posts
lot of jap stuff had similar set ups to the bongo some had rear seats that folded up to the side, and some had ones that swiveled to the side, i chose bongos cos that's what i liked, but staring for hours at the different options nearly made me and my fellow armadillos go insane

·
Registered
214 Posts
the bongo seat works 4 me fine and its really comfy, just takes a bit of measuring to get the seat runners to clear the chasie rails, i had new brackets welded on so they cleared them.

And with 8 bolts on each runner id say there there more than safe, compared to the 4 mushroom bolts on a vw seat!

If u do a search theres pics on how they are fitted, sorry i carnt rember who it was tho.

hope that helpsT:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put 2 sets of Bongo seats in my t4. (99p off Ebay (honest)). I have them facing each other so they can be made into a double bed or use table inbetween for picnics etc.
I have done a few mountain biking trips to wales and scotland and have had no problems as they slide all over to make different combinations. I have even taken one set out to make a 5 seater. I only have lap belts though on the forward facing ones.
They just fit in between the wheel arches with about 1/2 inch to spare!!
There are plenty of them on ebay ( dearer than I paid though) And I would reccomend them.. Very comfy amd versatile.
Some pictures of the rails going in and the finished job.
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/alandi_photos/S6001572.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/alandi_photos/S6001573.jpg

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/alandi_photos/S6002353.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/alandi_photos/S6001873.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/alandi_photos/S6001941.jpg
Hope it helps your decision.
Good luck
Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts