VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to find where I can get the trim clips that attaches the ply to the roof of my van. I want to carpet the ply on the ceiling but I cant get the "screws" out without ruining them so I need new ones for when I put it back up. They are in 2 parts a screw and a raw plug. I have had a browse online but cannot find them. if you know what they are or where i can get them I would really appreciate your help

I have taken some pics of the bit I need but have no idea how to upload them.

thanks

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
These are the things you need.

If you call Matt from Mega Van Mats he will sell you some.

You get the old ones out by any means you can then put these in and cover them with your new roof lining then you wont see any fixings ;)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Hi,

I am trying to find where I can get the trim clips that attaches the ply to the roof of my van. I want to carpet the ply on the ceiling but I cant get the "screws" out without ruining them so I need new ones for when I put it back up. They are in 2 parts a screw and a raw plug. I have had a browse online but cannot find them. if you know what they are or where i can get them I would really appreciate your help

thanks
hi mate you will need the extra long screws as normal ones will not fit when you have carpeted the lining,try these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-T4-T5-T25-WESTFALIA-INTERIOR-TRIM-CLIPS-extra-long-/120681442177?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c192cab81

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hi,

thanks
hi mate ive got extra long ones on my website and on ebay T:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just a couple of tips for removing the old ones,

Do them up a fraction with the alen key before undoing them.

or jam a torx bit in there, T20 i think, makes undoing them a simple task without having to resort to pliers.

Note that 2 types of clip are being offered here, the ones that are similar in style to the ones that you are removing, and hidden ones that are put into the panel before you put it back up. This can be useful if you're carpeting as it means you don't have to cut lots of little holes in the carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts