VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all...

I am currently fitting out my van - hard work as its my only mode of transport and waiting for parts to arrive here on the isle of wight...

Anyway i keep changing my mind on how i want it fitting out - originally wanted the standard units down drivers side with 3/4 bed. But i will only camp in it occasionally - more so i would want more seating (that would turn into a bed) and table to chill out with mates (wont need belts...).

So could people with different interiors pop some pics on here?

Stuff like; bench seats both sides of van and table in middle with unit behind front seats or an L-shaped unit down drivers side and kitchen unit on passenger (gecko stylee)

Pics please for inspiration!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same problem as your good self.

The units down one side of the van didn't appeal so i decided to build my own interior with a bit of a cheat.

Put a Cannon Forge 3/4 bed on the drivers side and build a bench seat behind the bulk head (now one side of the van is a bed). a table will sit inbetween the two seats.

A box built on the passenger side next to the bed for storage and a cabinet built next to the bench seat to house the water and gas bottle. A little holder for a double ring gas stove with a lift up tale which sticks out of the sliding door (below the awning) to let you cook outside the van.

All the electrics will be house on a rear roof box along with rear speakers.

the van is insulated, lined, electrics in, sunroof and roof bars fitted. Bought all wthe wood for the units but it's done nowt but rain all everyday i've had off. Gonna knock it all up next week, well that's my plan if the weather lets up! :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Gonna knock it all up next week, well that's my plan if the weather lets up! :D
How many times have i heard that in my own head - EVERY day has been wet or damp lately, no good for painting or working with wood outside.

Was so nice to be able to use the workshop at errr work yesterday, finished at 10am and had until 4.30 there... if we can persuade boss (and someone more responsible to lock up) me and my mate will end up doing same every weekend... fingers crossed!

·
Registered
312 Posts
We struggled to find pics of L-shaped kitchen (search for my thread) but ended up with this:

The seats we have are from a toyota and are great as it gives us the flexibilty of 7 seats all with belts, folds into a bed, and middle row swivels to face either direction or folds over into a table.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i like the 'L' shaped kitchen im looking at converting my caravelle whilst retaining the rear bench seat, this is just what im after, any chance of posting some more pics please. ally

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a look through ebay but didnt post any on here - i think i will do mine pretty much the same as this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Volkswagen...c0.m14&_trkparms=65:2|66:4|39:1|293:1|294:200

possibly have both benches same width and maybe create a folding single seat that backs on to hatch at rear but can also be another seat at the table - big U shaped seating?! Also i like the idea of having the kitchen unit just to one side so there is still room in the van to cart stuff around if needed. I do have a LWB though so give me a little more room to play with...

Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
213 Posts
my van was a x mobility and i made use of the chairs,I sold the ramp and winch and with the money bought 2 swivel bases,it works great as a day van for our family of 4 and is quite good as a camper although this design means you cant get in the cupboards when the bed is up, if we cant get the awning up then i have some boards and poles that fit accross the van on some brackets i made for the kids to sleep on this stows in the roof box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts