VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t4 caravelle 2400. The problem I have is that although the glow plugight works over the last month it decide not to work on two separate occasions which left me stranded for a while. The bus will not start without warming the plugs up. Then first and she fires up. I called breakdown out but before they even came out the light decided to come on again. I noticed that when driving my bus the light comes on occasionally for a few seconds then goes out but the engine keeps running. Has anyone had this problem before. My first instinct is relay. I read the forum and there is talk of a 109 relay. Second row third left but mine has a number 18 on it. Can anyone help please as we are going camping Sunday and I want to get this issue sorted. Many thanks

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
On ours which is a 19td the glow plug relay is 104 and i think its the same on yours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ann. Is there a number on the relay. My has a number 18 on it in thick black writing. Just above the fuse box. Second row and third left. Is that the one.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
From what i remember its on the bottom right hand corner, no number on the new one we replaced it with sorry

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
There is also fuse under the bonnet on the left hand side in a little black box which might be worth checking aswell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts