VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've got an intermittent problem with my brakes, sometimes after depressing the pedal, or having the hand brake on, they seem to get stuck -

hooking my foot under the pedal and lifting it seems to release the brakes, obviously I'm not driving my van :( until I can figure out what's going wrong.

any ideas:confused:

·
Registered
399 Posts
The handbrake is cable operated. It could be your rear brake calipers have started to seize. I cant see how lifting the brake pedal would help that prob though. It sounds like the whole system needs a good look at. I'd start off by checking all my brake calipers are operating correctly. Check pads obviously. Then I'd move on to brake master cylinder.

·
6,671 Posts
sounds like the master cylender pushrod might need making longer or a general problem in that area as IMHO its the only thing that could make the pedal stick......is if it travelled too far.

Just a guess really - get your head under the pedals and see if there is out obvious.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Um could be the master cylinder but not a comon prob with VW. The pedle normally goes right to the floor when opperated. I have had the pedel box split cousing that thought, and the plastic cap and springs borken in behind the pedle that attaches to the master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts