VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every winter ....!! And when it gets cold enough , it,s ice ..!! And you can,t use de-icer internally, really ....Anyone found a way to prevent it ?? If you do leave the engine running for a while to de-ice it , theres a stream inside ..!!

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,896 Posts
1st thing....why is it so damp in your van?
Very rarely I get this problem....usually after heavy snow gets transferred into the van on shoes.

You could try leaving your windows open a little to let the moist air out.

Another trick....the silver foil bubble wrap on the OUTSIDE of the screen will insulate the glass somewhat.
Haven't tried it, but my lodger uses a piece of my loft insulation bubble on his Passat and has no problems.
Only been down to -9 here so far, so we'll see how it is at -20 (soon to come).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had water on inside my screen same as you and it turned out to be water leaking round the seal, nightmare to find and had new screen fitted.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No , no leaks ...it seems to be related to atmospheric conditions at th time ...?? It,s happened for years .. PIA if yr in work early , on a freezing morning ...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I get it,no biggy.Use a sponge to mop the windscreen with the blower on full blast.Then give the screen a wipe with a decent cloth.Do it while the van warms up(then roll a fag:D)T:

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,896 Posts
I get ICE inside mine these mornings.......but it is -10c or less overnight now :*
Can't imaging what it would be like if I was sleeping in it :eek:
(I don't have to.....wife allowing me inside the house! T: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts