VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm new to the forum, aint got a van yet but hope to have one in the next few weeks, A: hopefully you guys will give me some guidedance for what to look out for. I hope to have £4000 to spend, want a diesel, prefer chain driven, which is the better diesel engine? I don't mind a commercial van and converting in into a day van, I want to use it for camping with the kids, or doing track days or drag racing with my bikes in the back.
Any way any help advise much appreciatted.
John:)

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Hi All
I'm new to the forum, aint got a van yet but hope to have one in the next few weeks, A: hopefully you guys will give me some guidedance for what to look out for. I hope to have £4000 to spend, want a diesel, prefer chain driven, which is the better diesel engine? I don't mind a commercial van and converting in into a day van, I want to use it for camping with the kids, or doing track days or drag racing with my bikes in the back.
Any way any help advise much appreciatted.
John:)
Hi John and welcome to the Forum £4k will buy you a decent T4 diesel but they are all belt driven. Some of the T5's are chain Driven but you may struggle to find one on your budget Also once you check out some of the Rides on here you may find after finding a Van that 4k becomes 10k LOL:

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Should say if you get one thats been looked after and serviced correctly ie; oil and belt changed at proper intervals they can go for thousands of miles seen them on here with 300 thou same engine

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys, so with a T4 if you had a choice, which engine should I go for? It is going to be my everyday driver, I don't want it to be really slow, then again don't want huge fuel billsT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts