VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

561 - 578 of 578 Posts

·
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Hi, I would like a price please for a set of 0.5 injectors for my 01 88 T4 including delivery to me here in France. I did ask acouple of weeks ago and you did respond via facebook but I’m afr as id I lost the message. Sorry to mess you about but I do want them.
Cheers,
Eddie Diver-Clarke.
No problem Eddie, we ship to France without issue. I’ll message with prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Very interested in a set of these could you pm me a price please, they'd be going into a 102hp engine...

Thanks!

·
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Hi
interested in a set of these, so could you also pm me a price please, they'd be going into a 1996 acv 102bhp Caravelle

TIA
They would make a perfect upgrade for the 1996 102 Velle - no need for remap and no need for adjustments - plug and play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
interested in a set of these, so could you also pm me a price please, they'd be going into a 1996 acv 102bhp.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Ron.
My English is bad but I hope we understand each other.
I plan to buy a T4 2.5 tdi 102 hp. I found one and I have to go and see if it's good. These 102hp T4s are rare, more are 88hp. If I didn't find a good one with 102 hp then I would buy with 88 hp. But 102 hp is my first wish.
Now I have a question about the injector. After buying a T4 it would change injectors and do an ECU remap. I would like to get at least 150 hp, would like it to be 160 hp. I don’t want to drive a standard T4.
Other modifications to the plan include other injectors, a 2.5 incc tube, a larger intercooler if needed, and an ECU remap.
Would that be enough for 150 - 160 hp?
And now the question. Which injectors do you recommend? PP 0.5 or PP1?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adamss24, thank you for your reply. What you did is also one of the possibilities. I would definitely change injectors, intercooler, put downpipes and mapping the ECU. I didn't plan to touch the turbine until I saw how many hp I could get with a standard turbine. And the question of which injectors to put? Waiting for Ron to write something ..

·
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #569 (Edited)
Jungleboy - We offer the hardware required to support the AJT engine reaching 150-160 bhp with ease.
What you would need for 150 bhp is a set of our PP1 injectors and a 2.5 inch exhaust which we aslo supply.

If you want to go higher than 150 bhp then one of our 2.5 inch dowpnpipes will get you to somewhere in the region of 160-170 bhp

Of course an intercooler and remap would be required also.

We have now done many of these vans and the modifications work exceptionally well.

We have recently also seen 195 bhp with the above kit plus one of our hybrid turbos.

We also offer a hybrid 2260 VNT turbo capable of supporting 300 bhp depending on how big your budget is.

Please feel free to message me directly for info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ron, thanks for the explanation. So what I need are PP1 injectors, 2.5 inch downpipe and exhaust? And then do the ECU mapping. It could be between 160 and 170 hp.
You wrote in the first post that this combination with PP0.5 gave 169 hp.
But PP1s still give more power and they would be my choice.
Ok, now things are clear to me. I'll send you a private message.

·
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Yes we were very surprised to see PP0.5 make that much but they have done it a few times now.

·
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #572 (Edited)
It’s not down to nozzle size it’s all down to flow and how the injector is set up to meter fuel between NOP1 and NOP2

tou can getone manufacturers .216 that flows completely differently to another manufacturer.

our nozzles are unique to us and have been developed over the years as a collaborative project.

PP0.5 are a .208
PP1 are .220
PP1 Xteaflo are .240

We use wuzetem for any size larger as the market is so small it doesn’t warrant the R&D cost for the larger nozzles.

in my experience PP0.5 and PP1 work just fine on both theAJT and ACV with no smoke issues at all.

what more is that we found that PP0.5 will make 170 bhp with our 2.5 inch downpipe with no need to upgrade the turbo yet they don’t smoke when used without.

bobby Singh was pretty stoked when he found this out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interested in a set of these PP0.5 injectors for my 88hp AJT - they sound ideal. Could you pm me a price incl shipping to Cornwall please?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks for clarification Ron, i don't want it t sound bad or as slagging your products is just i have been in this game for long enough to know a few things about tuning ! When i recommend a larger turbo from this century i do it because the old k14 is on its last legs with regards of performance and asking more from an aging turbo (most t4's are nearly 20 years old !) is sacrilege in my book ! Turbo technology as made huge leaps forward in the last decade and not all turbos are built equal just as your nozzles. I have had large modern turbos spool better than the k14 with really good transient response but one thing folk doesn't realize is fuel is not everything ! Adding more fuel to an already rich mixture with no stage cooling will increase egt and potentially damage the engine- i have seen many cracked/melted pistons from poorly setup injection systems. Supporting mods are just that- supporting mods, the t4 forum is populated by mostly old boys who care less about performance and most about their wallet- hence tuning section is almost in-existent or very un-populated. I know i might strike a sensible chord or two but its the truth in my opinion. I am a "Do it once, do it right type of guy" me...so i would always choose the largest nozzle i could because they can be turned down in the tune and then i choose the most efficient turbo available for my budget as the old adage is also correct: bigger is not always better !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for clarification Ron, i don't want it t sound bad or as slagging your products is just i have been in this game for long enough to know a few things about tuning ! When i recommend a larger turbo from this century i do it because the old k14 is on its last legs with regards of performance and asking more from an aging turbo (most t4's are nearly 20 years old !) is sacrilege in my book ! Turbo technology as made huge leaps forward in the last decade and not all turbos are built equal just as your nozzles. I have had large modern turbos spool better than the k14 with really good transient response but one thing folk doesn't realize is fuel is not everything ! Adding more fuel to an already rich mixture with no stage cooling will increase egt and potentially damage the engine- i have seen many cracked/melted pistons from poorly setup injection systems. Supporting mods are just that- supporting mods, the t4 forum is populated by mostly old boys who care less about performance and most about their wallet- hence tuning section is almost in-existent or very un-populated. I know i might strike a sensible chord or two but its the truth in my opinion. I am a "Do it once, do it right type of guy" me...so i would always choose the largest nozzle i could because they can be turned down in the tune and then i choose the most efficient turbo available for my budget as the old adage is also correct: bigger is not always better !
You're right about the K14, you only have to take it off to see the difference between it & modern ones. I think the majority of folk on here are just trying to keep their old wreck on the road lol. You sound like a knowledgeable guy. I know how things work & always do my own work (through necessity when I was young & skint). Now I just intend to keep my vans on the road to stick my fingers up to the modern world & because I can. :LOL:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Back in the day kkk turbos were huge and had massive turbo lag with modest performance- look at a k26 from an rs2 for example and you will think they will flow immense volumes of air...in fact it was ratted for low Bhp- under 300 on revvy petrol engines. K14 is no exception. Since then turbine design and material technology has moved the goal post a lot further with most modern diesels using small VNT turbochargers for instant boost and good transient response while supporting huge PR. Just look at a gtb2260 from a bmw 330d, it will flow enough air for 400 Bhp on a low revving diesel engine with DPF and pre-cat and corrosive exhaust after treatment like EGR and adblue systems...

Nowadays the trend is for punchy little turbos for low emissions and they work hard- no wonder we see failures often on passenger cars due to poor servicing and longlife (should be called Shortlife servicing) !

Turbos have undergone trough at least 4 generations since the k14 and many now can sustain temperatures of 800-1000 C. Some very extreme applications like porsche 911 turbo uses a pair o VNT kkk turbos able to resist up to 1500 C, granted they cost an arm and leg but technology is there...like gamma titanium turbine wheels and billet alloy compressor wheels or fully 3D printed turbos like on latest koenninseg supercars... that's why i stress using a modern turbo is a must for refinement, fuel consumption and longevity in todays runabouts...

There are even twin turbocharger setups from mercedes on their sprinters/viano lineup and even vw has followed closely. Passenger car segment had twin turbos offerings as early as 2004 on Bmw 335d !

Mind u, i regard garrett turbocargers a lot more reliable than kkk but i still run a kkk bv4a on my daily driver seat exeo tdi- soon to be replaced with a gtb2260vk hybrid...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mind u, i regard garrett turbocargers a lot more reliable than kkk but i still run a kkk bv4a on my daily driver seat exeo tdi- soon to be replaced with a gtb2260vk hybrid...
My son is an Audi trained tech & brings the odd thing home for me to look at. It amazes me how things have come on in the last 20 years. You're right about the short life servicing, it's just madness. My son reckons all these emission standards are what's killing engines etc these days too. Mind you the nutters that drive Audi's probably have a greater effect. lol.

561 - 578 of 578 Posts