VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is not t4, but there is someone on here that works in a mobile phone shop

that i think may be able to help.

my son is training at bassingbourne and brought himself an iphone 4 and needs insurance

orange wont insure him as he brought it independently of his contract and there are soooooo

many companies out there, i was hoping someone used a good company and could recommend one

asap

thanks in anticipation

dawn I:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks, will check them out, i have seen them on google

have you ever claimed?

says on there, if you make a claim and pay a monthly premium for the insurance, you have to pay the full 12 months before they will
settle a claim!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I believe there is a mobile phone sales man on here called "lumoxs" seems like a helpful chap, why not PM him,

I am pretty sure , mobile phone insurance is an expensive way of doing it, check out the martin lewis money saving expert site (I'am sure he has covered this recently) other than that, assuming ur son has a bank current account , look at upgrading the account to one that has a monthly fee (as lots of these come with free phone insurance , gaget insurance, breakdown cover ect ect) .

I dont normally go for these sort of things but I did this year as co-op where giving it away :D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
a lad in work checked whith his home insurance and theyll cover it for him. and i have a natwest gold account and i get free phone insurance as park of the deal.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks carl_a, going to look at the home insurance see what the ins and outs are and give the bank a call tomorrow

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I have a bank account with Lloyds and get free mobile insurance + extras included in the price. They are excellent with claims - went wake boarding with my iPhone less than a month after getting it and get a new one :)

I know HSBC & Barclays offer very similar accounts...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine is insured with my Coop Bank account, I get travel insurance, phone insurance, breakdown cover and a bunch of other stuff (interest free overdraft etc) for about £10 a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts