VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

we've had our new sportline for a smudge over 2 months now. everything is fantastic.

however the Kenwood DNX521DAB thats installed form the fantastic is driving us crackers.

When connecting one of our iphone 4s's into the the system via a ipod lead from the glovebox, the system refuses to recognise anything is connected. Sometimes it will flicker on and off very quickly on the phone, like when you hear the sound it makes when you plug your charger in..it does this very quickly on and off.

We had the iPod lead changed by Swiss with no joy at all. Our software version is 1.9.. im unsure if theres a newer version but i will check. But this is advertised as supposedly working with iphone4s's from the factory so im unsure why it wont work.

HOWEVER. it works with an ipod touch just fine..the controls appear on screen and all is well, it just doesnt like iPhones!

it does work if you just have the jack lead in the iphone and control the music on the phone, but thats a tad dangerous.

This, and that the system will sometimes start up with a black screen and needs turning on and off, and also the bluetooth needs reconnecting to the phone all the time is just not on anymore.

Do we possibly have a faulty Kenwood unit?

Irfan

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine is exactly the same, I gave in in the end and brought an iPod Classic to sit in the glove box with all my tunes on. Having to plug my phone in every time I got in the van would drive me daft. I have had a few issues with the iPod crashing which I've put down to the cheapo lead I brought of fleabay. I've just got a genuine kenwood lead but I've not had it long enough to testI:

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Hi all

we've had our new sportline for a smudge over 2 months now. everything is fantastic.

however the Kenwood DNX521DAB thats installed form the fantastic is driving us crackers.

When connecting one of our iphone 4s's into the the system via a ipod lead from the glovebox, the system refuses to recognise anything is connected. Sometimes it will flicker on and off very quickly on the phone, like when you hear the sound it makes when you plug your charger in..it does this very quickly on and off.

We had the iPod lead changed by Swiss with no joy at all. Our software version is 1.9.. im unsure if theres a newer version but i will check. But this is advertised as supposedly working with iphone4s's from the factory so im unsure why it wont work.

HOWEVER. it works with an ipod touch just fine..the controls appear on screen and all is well, it just doesnt like iPhones!

it does work if you just have the jack lead in the iphone and control the music on the phone, but thats a tad dangerous.

This, and that the system will sometimes start up with a black screen and needs turning on and off, and also the bluetooth needs reconnecting to the phone all the time is just not on anymore.

Do we possibly have a faulty Kenwood unit?

Irfan
We have just come across this problem, they worked fine until we updated to ios7, now both my 521 and our shops display unit is doing the same, plug it in and my phone pulses and flashes where my colleagues phone just not get recognised, I have messaged Kenwood and awaiting a response... However the Bluetooth absolutely fine. And normally use my Itouch or USB for music

Also have come across the blank screen a couple times, and believe it thinks it still in reverse mode, stop, put it back in reverse and take it out the screen comes back on...

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
My phone does the same, if I plug it in before I startup it tends to do it, but if I turn ignition on start the engine up let the kenwood boot up, then plug phone in it seems ok, I would love to know if there is any simple fix thank.....:ILU:

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Hi just wondered if I missed anything on this my phone was doing it again this weekend really bad, gave up with it in the end.....:*

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Hi just wondered if I missed anything on this my phone was doing it again this weekend really bad, gave up with it in the end.....:*
You need the genuine Kenwood ip202 lead this sorts the charging, pulsing problem, as it supports 1amp, many are not supplied with the correct lead....

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
How can you tell mate, I got this fitted by vw who supplied all the leads and fitting etc..........:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
How can you tell mate, I got this fitted by vw who supplied all the leads and fitting etc..........:eek:
VW have been supplying the incorrect ones, the ip202 lead has 2 wires going into the main 30pin iPod plug instead of what looks like one, if you are not sure what I mead, take a picture of the plug and a bit of the lead and post it up, il tell you straight away

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Thankyou will do, do you need a photo of the ipod end, the plug which connects to the bottom of ipod, thank you again...:)

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Thank you, will get onto vw tomorrow, will let you know what happens, thanks again.........T:
If you do not get any joy, and I know many have tried but did not get anywhere:( give us a bell, I can get one sent to you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts