VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I have seen a thread recently of a iphone cradle being built into a T4 ashtray and I think it was a brilliant idea.
Im wanting to have a go with my T5 ashtray tommorow I know I wont be able to mount the phone faceing backwards becasue of the shape of the ash tray unlike in a T4, but having it facing side ways will work ok for me. My problem though is that I have not found a cradle or stand that would fit directly into the ash tray so I was concidering making one and using an ipod lead to connnect it up. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried or seen it done to a T5???

·
Registered
981 Posts
What about a cradle that springs up from under the ashtray lid when you slide it back? A bit like the snake that comes out a matchbox trick.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about a cradle that springs up from under the ashtray lid when you slide it back? A bit like the snake that comes out a matchbox trick.
well I'll be giving it a go today so I'll see what happens I:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did this turn out?
Bit of a late reply, I know.
The practicle side of it being in the ash tray didnt work out, so i came up with a new plan to mount it on top of the dash.
Ive mounted an iphone/ipod base to the tray on top of the dash, secured a lead inplace and carpeted it all, for something a little diffrent.
My iphone stands freely connected up to the lead and doesnt move one bit so its a good result.
:ILU:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good , the way I drive first corner it will be flying out the window :)
Thanks guys.
I was worried about it flying across the cab but its solid mate, its impressed me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where did you get the cradle from dude?

I like the look of that idea...

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Interesting. I was only just looking at cradles on ebay yesterday as the dash top looked the best place to plonk the iphone... I like the way it stits flush.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts