VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a rcd 310 dab radio and would like to connect an iPod , can anyone tell me what lead or what I need to buy to do this , thanks to anyone who can help me

·
Registered
893 Posts
It should come as std with a simple aux in socket inside the glovebox. To use this you just need a cable to plug into the earphone socket on the iPod and the aux socket, you can get one of these from halfords. However, this will not give you any control of the iPod via the radio.
If you want to fully interface them you need an mdi unit. This connects to the radio and has a bigger multi pin socket for input. To connect the iPod to this you need a different cable that connects to the iPod charging/data socket and the mdi input socket. Cable available from VW or good ICE shops.
Here is the bad news, the interface with the rcd310 is pretty poor. You have to do a lot of button pressing and knob turning to scroll and select tracks/albums etc. the even worse news is the mdi costs £300!
Hazzy dayz will fit one for you and supply leads etc.
http://hazzydayz.com/genuine-vw-mdi-ipod-kitmedia-device-interface-1004-p.asp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Or about £110 will get you the parts off eBay and then a relatively simple DIY installation. Just make sure you get the loom as well :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi, I have a rcd 310 dab radio and would like to connect an iPod , can anyone tell me what lead or what I need to buy to do this , thanks to anyone who can help me
You could plug in a Bluetooth dongle into your iPod and then connect through the blue tooth?

·
Registered
368 Posts
You could do that but you will need to buy a Bluetooth interface, the rcd310 doesn't have one as std
What does the interface do? My 2014 higline connects my iPhone music with Bluetooth straight to the stereo vie the bt-source selection on the screen? :*

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a 310 in my van. We bought a lead of ebay, an interface adapter it had the connection to go in the iPod headphone socket on one end and the multi pin connector which goes into the cd changer socket in the back of the stereo, you can then run the cable into your glove box. You can't work the iPod from the stereo you have to do it from the iPod but for a cost of around £10 compared to £300 it never bothered me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 310 in my van. We bought a lead of ebay, an interface adapter it had the connection to go in the iPod headphone socket on one end and the multi pin connector which goes into the cd changer socket in the back of the stereo, you can then run the cable into your glove box. You can't work the iPod from the stereo you have to do it from the iPod but for a cost of around £10 compared to £300 it never bothered me.
What was the lead called please…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts