VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy some type of holder for an ipod classic.
any opinions on which are good for the t5 dash.

do not need the fm transmitter just a holder and charger would be nice.

been looking at a few types, dash vent mount, windscreen mount, cup holder type.

are there any neater ways of holding the ipod.

would have liked to have it in the glovebox but will need to access the controls i think, as my stereo only has 1 aux input.

what are you guys using ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got fed up with the messing about and bought an Alpine X305 head unit for £270. Not cheap but my iPod is now in the glovebox and all the controls are on the head unit. It's a lot of cash but a great bit of kit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi,

I brought a JVC car radio that came with an iPod device that you can use. The head unit talks to the iPod which allows you to use change music etc without using the iPod. I'm also currently moding my ash tray to house a custom docking station.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that looks good r98.

have you fixed both the controls on the dash top.

having visions of the dash looking like starship enterprise, as got to fit the parking sensor, dab unit and one of these together on the dash.

bit of juggling required i think.

this seems a real good price, did you buy from there?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi yes I bought mine from there, I think they are really good price, I have fitted the control dial to a spare switch location and the screen is fitted into the dash tray.

If you have a look at my conversion website:
www.technoblue.co.uk

look at modifications page you can see it in the bottom picture, hope that helps.
T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts