VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of somewhere I can send my ipod to get repaired? The sound isnt working. I don't think it's the jack input as I tried hooking it up to my TV using the cable that goes in the bottom of the ipod and I got visual but no audio again.
Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought mine in Currys....

13 months later I went to a Currys(not in the original one)

Brought my details up on screen(just by telling them my postcode)

They swapped my broke one which kept freezing for a brand new one!
Didn't even attempt to fix the old one..no complaints from me.:D

Literally was in and out in 5 mins.

Obv only helpful if you bought it in Currys but any retailer like them seem to be pretty helpful!T:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased it from pixmania.co.uk so won't be able to take it back (over a year ago too)
I will try the re formatting/ resetting thing tonight... funny how you cant live without some little bits of technology ey!!!

may pay for some software to take al my music/ videos etc off the ipod first as I have collected a lot of music over time on firneds itunes so dont have a lot on my own itunes! think theres somethign called ipod-dump or something?

thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
My itunes has crashed loads wiping everything......I used this info to transfer everything from the ipod to a folder on the computer, then dragged the F1,2,3 etc etc folders back into itunes T:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13003/Transfer-Music-from-your-iPod-to-Computer

Hope ya get it sorted and if you use the above link......dont let go of Ctrl & Shift I::D

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok now my ipod is stuck on the " do not disconnect" screen,,,, ugh oh
This happened me a few times...

Just let the battery run out on ipod..
Then when you charge it up again should be working fine..

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Anyone know of somewhere I can send my ipod to get repaired? The sound isnt working. I don't think it's the jack input as I tried hooking it up to my TV using the cable that goes in the bottom of the ipod and I got visual but no audio again.
Any ideas guys?
Contact "Frenno" on here (Top bloke with with a serious T5) I seem to remember he runs a company that repairs i pods :ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts