VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one put their van through the doe lowered and with side windows?

Had any problems?

·
Registered
83 Posts
8 Ball - straight through lowered, 18" wheels with all interior apart from r&r bed.. sliding side window fitted..I:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Me ....... wheres the Father Dugal confused icon :confused: LOL:

Doe test in South is different to MOT test we have up north

:ILU:

8 ball i didnt think you had to nct a camper
i thought as long as its motorcaravan on the log book
its nct exempt and 85 euro for the tax for the year

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
8 ball i didnt think you had to nct a camper
i thought as long as its motorcaravan on the log book
its nct exempt and 85 euro for the tax for the year
NCT site states: "All cars taxed as vintage and cars permanently based on Islands not connected to mainland by road will not have to be tested."

However, I've found several pieces of information, that if a camper is classified as "motor caravan" and declared as such, it's also NCT excempt (yet). Tax is (according to Waterford City Council website) 78 EUR/annum.

I also found the declaration form for a motor caravan on the Leitrim CoCo website, which lists all the requirements, that the camper has to meet.

Hope it helps.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Checked with a mate, who has a T3 (or T25) campervan.

Campervan's are NCT/DOE free, but you need an engineers report for the insurance and a photo of the gas cylinder.

Tax is 85 EUR/year, might go up a few bob this year.

/M

·
Registered
67 Posts
thats gand my lt46 is motorcaravan on log book
when i converted my t4 from a van to a seven seater
i had to get report done to but it was no bother getting it

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have sold camper T4_0_EMY :D
Now have panel van soon to be window van:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ive had no problems with DOE test after I fitted windows on the sliding door and opposited.They did however ask me to remove the interior in the rear before the test.It would depend who does the test for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all. Actually i am searching for DOe test information. How much the annual DOE test cost on a comerical van, my Doe test is due at the end of this month and wondering is there standard price or does it vary from place to place.

Doe Test Dublin

·
Registered
68 Posts
I DOE'd my van the other day. Im pretty sure its E87 wherever you go but the retest is free if it fails on anything.
Sorry to correct you mate;) your price is right but the retest is half the price if it fails but only if it has to go on any of the testing rigs:*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts