VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This was in the news today, That the government are planning to make us pay for our vehicles that are parked up.

Now this may not apply to you all but please send a quick email to the minister for transport telling him that your not happy with his proposals, in support of many of us who have vehicles parked up that are projects etc.

Theyve taken everything else off us and now we cant even have a fooking project to keep us busy.

To say I am angry is putting it lightly,

If we dont cause a stink and make our voices heard theyll just roll over us!

Stand up and be counted.

heres the minister for transports email. [email protected]

Heres the article

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/motor...ars-177198.html

Please write something to him even if it doesnt affect you

Cheers

Dermot

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rang up the Dept of transport and said i want to find out about these new proposals that were printed in todays paper and on radio.

I was put to a few different numbers and ended up in Dept of Environment.

Then i was put through to like a press office.

He told me that NUMBER 1.THERES NO CHANGE AS HE KNOWS IT, (although he knew what i was talking about)

2. HE SAID THAT ITS A MIXTURE OF FLAG FLYING BY THE GOVERNMENT AND A MEDIA FEAR MONGERING.

He told me that it has to come to government and they are lookng to do something, its just a case of fine tunning becasue they couldnt possibly tax all cars full stop.

He told me that they are trying to stop all the people who are driving cars and not paying tax and close that loop hole but he said they will try somehow to make money from it and something will be proposed.

Still we all know the government are trying to raise money by any means possible so i still dont trust them, He said it was flag flying so i said well then i will bloody well make sure we kick up a fuss about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dermot,

I heard something in passing on the radio today as I was driving around and missed most of it, so thanks for putting this up on the forum. To be honest if this goes ahead it's a step to far.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
In the UK all vehicles must be taxed or Sorned, (SORN, Statutory Off-Road Notification). Perhaps the Republic government are planning something similar?

It used to be great in the old days, for example, to be away on holidays for a couple of weeks, then on return avoid going out much for another two weeks and then state that the vehicle has been off road and so miss a month's tax.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the UK all vehicles must be taxed or Sorned, (SORN, Statutory Off-Road Notification). Perhaps the Republic government are planning something similar?

It used to be great in the old days, for example, to be away on holidays for a couple of weeks, then on return avoid going out much for another two weeks and then state that the vehicle has been off road and so miss a month's tax.
I think the jist of it is they are trying to introduce a fee for declaring a vehicle off the road.

I was told eh yeah they are reforming the existing laws, what a great opportunity for them to make money at the same time.

It wasnt so much an act of reforming law for the better of the people more so an introduction to a new way of them making money, a new way indeed where they can increase the fee year on year and they will.

A fee of 25 euro has been mentioned on an other site.

·
Read Only
666 Posts
This is another ill thought out proposal like the time Gormley hit commercial vehicles with the signed declaration of use etc.
This country is the pits and is being run by d*ck heads. :(
Is it definitely coming in as legislation ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts