VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is 40mm worth the time and effort or is just thing people do just to say i had mine lowered and am i wright in thinking that the lowest part off my caravelle is 210mm and if i lowered mine by 40mm it would be 170 mm and does 40mm make a difference to the handling and comfort off ride ?????????????????????????? i dont wont to pi?? any one off but just cant get my head around it I:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
40 mm is great if you regulary carry wieghts and need the tyre clearence...
60 mm looks better and if you want to carry heavy stuff or tow buy heavy duty springs...

Or Plan b buy cheap springs at 40mm and before you know it they'll sag to 60mm..

what ever you drop it all seems to help handling...but personally id go 60 with good quality springs..T:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
mine is lowered by 40mm and it sits nice rides spot on makes the van look alot better i would like it lower but it all depends on what you have got in the back of the van ie rnr beds cupboards or if you tow a heavy trailer or caravan etc ive put a post in to swap my -40mm spring for some -60mm cause i dont carry much weight and ive had alot of replies so i think it is worth it T:T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i had -60mm on mine but i am heavily loaded with stuff under the rock n roll bed and tow a trailer regularly so i went back to -40mm and feels a lot better for my purpose T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
-50mm heavy duty springs on mine with full camper interior, drives like a dream & looks pretty good even if I do say so myself

·
Registered
134 Posts
What are the best springs in each category then (i.e, 40mm, 50mm and 60mm)? My Reimo converted T4 needs lowering, but not sure by how much...

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Mines 40 and it changed the handleing no end, looks about 50ish now cos im always carrying c**p around. 40mm is the best compromise for me T:
Oh yeah t4'srus for ma 40's.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
60mm then T:

once you get "over the hill" (with all respect to the forum oldies I: ) then sell the springs to someone who is "under the hill" and get some 40mm springs, then when you get onto the flat bit at the bottom of the hill, you can return to standard and sell the 40mm springs to those who find themselves "recently over the hill"

The spiral of life, innit ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
60mm then T:

once you get "over the hill" (with all respect to the forum oldies I: ) then sell the springs to someone who is "under the hill" and get some 40mm springs, then when you get onto the flat bit at the bottom of the hill, you can return to standard and sell the 40mm springs to those who find themselves "recently over the hill"

The spiral of life, innit ;)
THATS a good reply you should run for the next prime minster you would be great at it LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts