VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My caravelle has a wheelchair lift under the left sliding door which i'm going to remove, what sort of money do they fetch?
I don't want to be over careful taking it out if its not worth much. i.e i can just cut away at wires if i'm going to bin it...
Cheers

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i weighed mine in for scrap, if its the same as mine i couldnt see a market for it as the bodywork of the van needed modding(no loading step) so its not a direct fittment to a standard van, also any one with a dissablity that need a van would probly go for a newer one through motability. i got in contact with ricon to see if they want it for refurb etc but they dont want anything to do with the old ones.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Maybe you should ask on a different sort of forum.... It's probably worth alot to someone!

·
Registered
291 Posts
i repair and maintain these things and to be honest they are not worth a great deal

the ones in the back door are worth a bit more because they can be fitted in any van easy

at the most its worth 200 if you find a buyer that wants it

might be worth ringing a couple of tail lift companys local to you and see if they will remove it neatly if you give them it for spares

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, think it may just be a case of removing it then by whatever means , i did wonder why i didn't have a step, is this normal?
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts