VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am! I loved games even before I bought an Acorn Electron just because it came with Elite in the early 80s, and even though I'm 43 I keep up with electronic technology (past, present and future) that would put most 17 year olds to shame.

Anyhoo I can't wait to own what is essentially a high end Pc just for gaming (both XBOne and Ps4 share 99% of components) as it will probably be the only present I get this Year :(

So whos getting what? And what games have you preordered or going to buy?

I preordered the XBOne back in June, before they back tracked on the DRM and used games policies. To be honest if you have a PC and Steam you don't own the physical media and can't sell it (so I didn't see it as a problem)

I get Fifa 14 :* with my 'Day One' console and I'm a bit peesed that now you can get one with Forza 5 (which is something I will probably buy)

I'm probably going to buy Battlefield 4 and maybe Need For Speed Rivals if there is a good demo (I love my racing games)

T:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Little lad wants a PS3 for his bedroom so he can watch netflix and play his games upstairs , now do I buy a PS4 for the living room and let him have the PS3 for his room .... :confused:

The PS3's have dropped in price , now at £149 but will he be able to play his PS2 games on it and will my 3's play on the new PS4 ... :*

TIA ..... T:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm with the others, love gaming and started back with a zx80:eek:, but will wait for price drop. Pretty sure neither Xbox one or ps4 are backwards compatible which is a shame.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd go with neither. Wait until Valve release their Steam Box.
PC quality games and performance. Heck, one of the prototypes has a Titan graphics card...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Steam box sounds interesting! A think ill do a little search on that as never heard of itT:

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Little lad wants a PS3 for his bedroom so he can watch netflix and play his games upstairs , now do I buy a PS4 for the living room and let him have the PS3 for his room .... :confused:

The PS3's have dropped in price , now at £149 but will he be able to play his PS2 games on it and will my 3's play on the new PS4 ... :*

TIA ..... T:
My 10 year old son is going to inherit my PS3 when my new PS4 is delivered in November. I:

I've been a gamer since the Horace Goes Skiing days on my old Spectrum and despite the cost, I couldn't resist getting the latest console.
I think the new PS4 is actually cheaper than the PS3 was on release day. T:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Steam box sounds interesting! A think ill do a little search on that as never heard of itT:
It has the potential to be truly game changing. (see what I did there?:D)
As a PC gamer, I've been using Steam for several years now. It's a great platform for playing games.
The Steam Box will mean PC quality games in your living room. :cool:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Like most of the previous posters I started early, had nearly everything console based but started on the Spectrum, have been collecting consoles for a few years now and still looking for a nice Colecovision console, the first truly new console I paid for with my own money :D

I'm gonna be getting the PS4 personally, then retiring the PS3 to the console collection T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts