VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im insulating, ply boarding and carpeting my van soon...

at the moment my van is half lined with hardboard and ive been looking for some ply panels already cut, ive found some for ridiculous prices (some asking over £300!) and i had a look on ebay, full set of new panels for £115 including delivery, is that going to be the best price? or is there anywhere/anyway i can get them cheaper than that? as im a bit of a tight ...

cheers, mark

·
Registered
283 Posts
Think there is a guy in Accrington doing them for 90 quid, failing that cheaper still to do it yourself

·
Registered
515 Posts
takes a fair bit of time and some proper tools to cut it yourself and get it as neat, I had a friend with a full pattern makers wood workshop so we did them ourselves by copying the old hardboard, but if it was just me with a jigsaw and a load of ply sheets i'd say doing it yourself could be a false economy, you wont do much better than £100. bx

·
Registered
283 Posts
You may be right depends on how handy your are with hand tools 2 sheets of ply 9mm 8'x4' cost 17.51 = 35.02 and im by no stretch of the imagination an expert with wood but it worked for me and saved some money to buy more goodies for the van. A: A:

·
Registered
86 Posts
takes a fair bit of time and some proper tools to cut it yourself and get it as neat, I had a friend with a full pattern makers wood workshop so we did them ourselves by copying the old hardboard, but if it was just me with a jigsaw and a load of ply sheets i'd say doing it yourself could be a false economy, you wont do much better than £100. bx
Did my first T4 myself and as **** said it's cheap as chips to do it yourself. The kits are very overpriced but guess that's because it's for those who don't wish to do it themselves. Try and find a mate with half a clue and you'll do it no bother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts