VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have just put the timing belt back on my t4 1.9td after the bottom pulley bolt and key way went i haven't connected any other auxiliaries as yet in case head has to come off. but turned over by hand to check if any bent valves seemed ok no jamming or knocks so tried a few short turn overs on the key, still no wrong sounds. then started engine, runs and sounds the same as before this happened but the oil light is now flashing red. looking at some of the other threads it seems that so wiring problems on the alternator are to blame, so if alternator isn't connected would this cause the flashing lights???

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
In short, yes.

As far as i understand it the feed that turns out the battery warning light also turns out the flashing red oil light. The two are connected in some way but i dont know the full ins and outs of it. Although i am 100% certain of the result.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've have just put the timing belt back on my t4 1.9td after the bottom pulley bolt and key way went i haven't connected any other auxiliaries as yet in case head has to come off. but turned over by hand to check if any bent valves seemed ok no jamming or knocks so tried a few short turn overs on the key, still no wrong sounds. then started engine, runs and sounds the same as before this happened but the oil light is now flashing red. looking at some of the other threads it seems that so wiring problems on the alternator are to blame, so if alternator isn't connected would this cause the flashing lights???
funny that dude, same thing happened to me after getting home from bristol volksfest! the bolt sheered off in the crank n the bottom pulley and key way fell out! it was on tick over on the drive but it f****d the valves up, i had that fixed and shortley after the alternator went n my battery went completely dead so that all the dash lights were blinking really fast n there was a clicking to go with them! anyway i put a new alternator on, but the oil pressure light was flashing, i checked the oil and everything and it was fine, so like u say its either got to be the wireing fault or a nacerd oil pressure sensor :*

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
oil pressure sensors are not the most robust parts on vag engines, I had one go nd it promptly emptied the engine oil all over the place. though it was going to blow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts