VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have had my T4, built in 1996 for a while now and have saved up enough money to change the seat bases so they can swivel.

I have been looking at the different options available (waiting for a bargain on ebay) and have found that the choices seem to be different depending where I look.

Some to fit up to 1996 anad others fit 1996 onwards.

I was hoping to draw from the real world knowledge on here as to whether or not they are different. I am speciffically interested in the front seats right now.

Thanks as always,
Andy

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I think the pre 96 seats have seat belt clip attached to the seat base newer ones have them on the seats ...... I think

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hello. If it's the single seat base you are after then as far as I know there is only one diffrence. The diffrence is the spacing between the holes on the top, were the seat runner bolts on. If you are fitting after market seats then this does not matter. I have fitted a pre 96' base to my 98' Camper, to replace the double seat and fit a single seat.

John.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the replies so far.

I was hoping to use the current seats (one step at a time), which have the seat belt clip attached (there is a 3 part bumper).

I guess the safest thing to do is measure the width of the rails.

Are the floor bolts spaced the same on before and after '96 models, in case I find a base with a safe in.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Difference as stated is definitely the seat belt carrier ... pre 96 swivel has some spacers built in to lift seat above seat belt should it be base and not seat mounted... post 96 swivel doesn't have spacers as seat belt carrier should be mounted to the seat.

I had same issue ... fitted the pre 96 base and didn't need to :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the detailed explanation Paul. Now I can get on with getting the seats sorted before heading to west wittering in a couple of weeks.

Cheers all
Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts