VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't bring my self to pay for parking to walk round the shops..

My local out of city center big stores place as just started to charge for parking.. £1 for an hour !!

Not much you think but the car park was always half empty anyway now it's just the same but with some bloke smiling at all the £1's he's making..

I'm not being tight but for me I don't need to buy anything from the shops but first the city centre's charge like loads now the out of city ones as well round us.. Seems the Southampton Stores are charging because of
A Cruise ships people park up for 2-3 weeks at a time
B Ikea!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind but my T5 only just fits in the space and then some muppet always wants to park next to it and bash it with their doors :eek:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
i am working at paddington station tonight . ill update my comment on how much thats gona cost me to park . i am guessing at about 35 quid for the 8 hours ill be there :eek: . london parking meters make me smile , you cant put your money in quick enough before it runs out !!

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I hate paying for parking, this year i decided to splash out and buy a parking permit £96 for the year but its saved me a fortune.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It is a rip off, had the mrs in hospital last night cost me about £10 to park, in a car park that has been famous for car crime in the past :(

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
It is a rip off, had the mrs in hospital last night cost me about £10 to park, in a car park that has been famous for car crime in the past :(
I think hospital car parking charges are disgusting, the last thing you think of in an emergency is change for car parking.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Think yourselves lucky, we used to pay nealy £400 a year just for the privillage of parking outside our own house. Thankfully we've sold the house T:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Not much you think but the car park was always half empty anyway now it's just the same but with some bloke smiling at all the £1's he's making..

Maybe he read this
T:

Subject: Car park attendant ( Why didn't I think of this )

Apparently, a true story... (NOT ;))
Outside Bristol Zoo, there is a car park for 150 cars and 8 coaches.

It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine charging cars £1 and coaches £5.

This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then one day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management "we'd better phone up the City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err no", said the Council, "That car park is your responsibility"...

"Err no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by the City Council, wasn't he?"...

"Err NO!"

Sitting in his villa in Spain , is a bloke who had been taking the car park fees, estimated at £400 per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years...

Assuming 7 days week, this amounts to just over £3.6 million...

Fanbloodytastic...

·
Super Moderator
9,214 Posts
I parked up for a job in Chelsea and it cost me £21 for 3 hrs:eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts

Maybe he read this
T:

Subject: Car park attendant ( Why didn't I think of this )

Apparently, a true story... (NOT ;))
Outside Bristol Zoo, there is a car park for 150 cars and 8 coaches.

It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine charging cars £1 and coaches £5.

This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then one day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management "we'd better phone up the City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err no", said the Council, "That car park is your responsibility"...

"Err no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by the City Council, wasn't he?"...

"Err NO!"

Sitting in his villa in Spain , is a bloke who had been taking the car park fees, estimated at £400 per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years...

Assuming 7 days week, this amounts to just over £3.6 million...

Fanbloodytastic...
I remember this pure genius Rasp:A:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
What gets up my nose is. It seems as though they make the spaces smaller too. In my van (which is an ugly duckling at the moment) i always park in the billy no mates part of the car park so as to avoid door bangs. Even my 206 is sometimes touching lines :bhd

What can you do? :*

·
Registered
711 Posts
Al the car parks in my town are free!!!!

What winds me up I'd even with free parking prats still park on double yellows:*

Paul

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
talking of parking close. a very strange thing we observed in Scotland when up there last year. We pulled into an empty car park and went over the far side to be away from other vehicle. got started on preparing our lunch. Nothing particularly special about the car park. Not special views or anything like that but it was near the entrance to the path to a ruined castle and a dog walking trail. However we parked way over the side away from the entrance to this trail.

After a few minutes one car came into the car park, drove right over the side and parked right next to us within inches. Strange but there you go. Even stranger was a few minutes later another car came in and did exactly the same thing parking the other side of us just inches away in the same manner. Both parties got out of their cars, locked them and walked off leaving their cars so close that if we had wanted to get out it would have been a struggle.

Nowt so queer as folk eh.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
talking of parking close. a very strange thing we observed in Scotland when up there last year. We pulled into an empty car park and went over the far side to be away from other vehicle. got started on preparing our lunch. Nothing particularly special about the car park. Not special views or anything like that but it was near the entrance to the path to a ruined castle and a dog walking trail. However we parked way over the side away from the entrance to this trail.

After a few minutes one car came into the car park, drove right over the side and parked right next to us within inches. Strange but there you go. Even stranger was a few minutes later another car came in and did exactly the same thing parking the other side of us just inches away in the same manner. Both parties got out of their cars, locked them and walked off leaving their cars so close that if we had wanted to get out it would have been a struggle.

lonely car syndrome that be mate. weird aint it :confused:

oh , i parked for free in london tonight ! result :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
sorry didnt see this thread but i think its a pay and display at campermartjimmer is going to find out and put it on the forum . i always thouht parking would be free for shows ?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

that's where you wait till their out of sight..

then lift up the wipers, tilt the mirrors and then drive off to some where else.. I: no damaged done, just a reminder to them to think more. Sounds like you parked in a car park that the locals are fed up with camper vans using it as a meal break, their just jelious.

Sorry I always do this to idiots.. I was with the wife waiting for a space in a car park.. 3 -4 cars behind.. waiting also.. space came available and before my wife was able to drive in to it as she was next in the que woman in her late 50's ( old hag ) drove in the wrong way into the car park and nicked the space making my wife have to stamp on the brakes to avoid hitting her.. My wife does not take stuff like this so got out and had a go at her.. she just walked off with my wife in her face. Trust me you don't want to be doing that!! anyway I just calmy got out the car.. tipped all the wipers and the mirrors and parked 3 shopping trollies round her car ... to hoots from other cars in the que with thumbs up to what I just did.. it's petty but it gets the point across when they return.. :D

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am working at paddington station tonight . ill update my comment on how much thats gona cost me to park . i am guessing at about 35 quid for the 8 hours ill be there :eek: . london parking meters make me smile , you cant put your money in quick enough before it runs out !!
Arrr the joys of parking at Pad.. I worked at Old Oak and used to look for spaces to park over night in the van to sleep before going back to ooc and I did hot spot a few Pad car park spaces with the wink from the car park attendant.. for free well I was working for Frist group at the time. I:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts