VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Noticed my passenger side front wheel was slightly low today when I was washing the van. When washing the wheel I noticed what looked like a tiny hair like mark about 1cm long inside the rim, tried to scratch it off but could not do this with my finger nails.

Could this be a crack and account for the slight air loss? I will try and get a picture up tomorrow. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Matt

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts
yes, it could be a crack, and yes it could account for the air loss.

Picture would be good to show others, a tyre place will confirm for you.

Chris

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hello.

Noticed my passenger side front wheel was slightly low today when I was washing the van. When washing the wheel I noticed what looked like a tiny hair like mark about 1cm long inside the rim, tried to scratch it off but could not do this with my finger nails.

Could this be a crack and account for the slight air loss? I will try and get a picture up tomorrow. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Matt
mix up some water and washing up liquid and spray over the area concerned if the solution bubbles then its a crack T:

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts
It's your call.

It's not designed to be cracked.

IF it gets bigger who knows how it will fail?

Are the wheels load rated for the Van in the first place?

Front wheel or back Wheel?

...a whole can of worms there.

I would get it looked at by someone who KNOWS about this sort of thing, they can advise you and you can make your mind up for yourself.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts