VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van has been with a so called VW dealer for the past two week, bit ****** off with him as went in for new barrel and ignition key, tried tried calling him and all fail, however today got a email (I well p***ed off) saying the following -

"Upate on your van.
We replaced the barrell and key, but contrary to VW's assurances it will not sync with the vans ecu and imob. We are expecting software from vw to flash the ecu and find the fault codes and reset tham and therefore resync the key and ecu.

Our mechanic with 12 years of vw experience has never come across this, so the delay has been completely unexpected."

Is he taking the mick or is this a issue that can group up and how bloody long should it take a mechanic with 12 years VW experience. - shocking

Any help, advice, pointers or offers of beer to numb the pain of it all greatly appreciated.
:(

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
1 years experience, 11 years repeating the same experience...? I:I:I:I:I:

"Expecting Software".....thats by email hopefully???

Give them 3 days to fix it, or you expect the job done free. Or ask them to deliver it to the next nearest dealer as you have lost faith in their abilities.:confused:

·
Registered
728 Posts
i wouldnt be so harsh mate i have worked in the automotive area all my life and every body has nightmares some jobs can be pains in the **** and take forever to sort out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts