VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly; Seasons Greetings to you all*<:)>.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before. My van is an 2002 2.5 tdi 888 Special with 109K miles recently I've noticed that when checking my oil and water the horrible creamy gunk is beginning to build up on the oil filler neck. I cleaned it off at first to see how quickly it was forming, which now seems to be quite quickly.

There is no oil in the water cooling system and it doesn't seem to be using any water, which is why I'm slightly confused:confused:?!?!

I spoke to another T4 mate and he said it could be down to the relatively short journeys I'm doing thus not giving the engine time to warm up properly. My usual journey to work is 12 miles either way, but driving like Miss Daisy so I won’t get over 55mph.

Any thoughts, similar experiences and out comes would be appreciated, as the money pit is getting pretty empty!!

If it is the head gasket, as a ball park figure; How much is it to get repaired???

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
a good run up the motorway will clear it,dont bother changing oil until its service time,it will be there again*<:)>

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
as above its the same with mine, it did it before i had the head gasket and since so you have no worries dudeT:

jay*<:)>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts