VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the van back from a new cambelt and it seems very smooth but slower. I took the MAF plug off the MAF housing and noticed that it's only got 4 connectors in it but the MAF has 5 prongs. Is this right?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just got the van back from a new cambelt and it seems very smooth but slower. I took the MAF plug off the MAF housing and noticed that it's only got 4 connectors in it but the MAF has 5 prongs. Is this right?
Thanks
Chris
The connector only has 4 chris. I reckon if you had the belts changed your timing could be different than before. Not saying its off but different timing setups give a different feel to the van. If its very smooth now but slower your timing might have been off before and now its right. It'll be worth taking it back and get him to check your timing. It will only take a few seconds to do if your engines up to running temp.

Any difference in cold starts?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The connector only has 4 chris. I reckon if you had the belts changed your timing could be different than before. Not saying its off but different timing setups give a different feel to the van. If its very smooth now but slower your timing might have been off before and now its right. It'll be worth taking it back and get him to check your timing. It will only take a few seconds to do if your engines up to running temp.

Any difference in cold starts?
Cold start is good, just feels a little less 'urgent', I had it remapped a couple of years ago, by Wayne at Chipwizards, and it's been very pleasant to drive and economical. I'm not a fast driver, just like to keep a good pace up and not slow down on hills. It probably needs a good run and I'll know if it's not up to full tune.
Thanks for the replies!
Chris

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the garage about timing and they assured me it is right - telling me it's a flyer - which is true, but the power now comes in higher up the rev range. There's a bit less low end torque. Could the timing affect this and which way is it out? 2.5 102 now 127 courtesy Wayne at Chipwizards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts