VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

In the process of looking for wiring diagrams, parts and other info/things for my van, I have come across several forks in the road asking me whether my van was made before or after May 1999. Does anyone know how I can find the answer that question? The most I know at the moment is: 1999 Eurovan 2.5 TDI California Coach Camper High Top.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
doesnt it say on your registration document,manufactured date 1999 ?, i didnt know there was any difference or changes on 1999 vans, why do you need to know maybe someone can be of assistance ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in North Carolina, USA, and our registrations are perhaps not as thorough as ones overseas. It will only list the vehicle year (my title actually says 1998, even though it was sold to me as a 1999 and checking the VIN number shows that it is indeed a 1999). Your second question is answered in the link below, where it asks me to specify whether my van was made before or after May 1999 in order to determine the correct wiring diagrams:

http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/t4.htm

I have also been asked that same question by someone trying to sell me the correct controls for heated seats (something that was not originally on my van).

I need to know so that I can more easily located and secure the correct paperwork and parts for needed maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
Finding assistance with this imported van in the US is probably not as easy as it is for you folks in the European area.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi. I'm not sure of the diffrence's from a early or late van and a date might not help, as some times in production they might use a old or a new part. But one option could be in the wiring diagram's, there might be slight diffrence's that you could find to match your's.

All the best, John.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I definitely know there is a difference in the ECU's, I'll move to the electrical section so some of the guru's can help T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts