VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently fitted a new (used) engine to my T4, it has good oil pressure, (60Psi) tested with a gauge. But i have a flashing oil pressure warning light and a chime when it first comes on.

I thought it was just the sender so replaced it but still nothing.

When i fitted the new engine it came with an alternator that looked to be in better condition than mine, so i fitted that aswell, it did require a mod to the loom to take a square plug not the two individual wires, i had no charge fault with it so i swapped back, however i lost the old plug :( twit! got scooped up with the other waste from the engine swap.

so at the moment the rev counter is not connected, i was wondering does the bit in the dash use the rev input on a single pressure sender?

Also when the plug comes off the oil pressure sender the flashing light goes off. Maybe ive just got another duff sender?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
767 Posts
their both connected mate , i bought my van with the rev counter not working, turned out to be the alternator wiring , but when i got that sorted the oil light came on untill i changed the pressure switch to a brown one from the grey one that was fitted

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i had wondered if the box of tricks used the rev counter, just to clarify yours does not have a sender on the cylinder head either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts