VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have installed the front double in the back of my camper but now i'm a belt short.

Does anyone know if you can buy a double belt to come from the top centre in between the headrests?

Thanks in advance. T:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a spare double in full working order that I'm about to scrap as can't find someone to buy it. Do you want me to take off the the belt and you and you can have it for free if you sort out some postage?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant that pal. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try. T:

Let me know how much you want for postage.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Hi, I have installed the front double in the back of my camper but now i'm a belt short.

Does anyone know if you can buy a double belt to come from the top centre in between the headrests?

Thanks in advance. T:
What you need to do is add a belt to the c pillar of the van. The double seat is not designed to run a double belt.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Brilliant that pal. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try. T:

Let me know how much you want for postage.
No probs mat. I've been busy today but replacing the moo valve on the van tomorrow so will get it sorted for you and get back to you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I am MESMmack, WickedVanz is correct i should put one on the C pillar but the van is now built and it would be a complete nightmare to undo everything now.

Whilst the double was not designed to hold 2 belts, I was thinking I could make it fit... No?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes I am MESMmack, WickedVanz is correct i should put one on the C pillar but the van is now built and it would be a complete nightmare to undo everything now.

Whilst the double was not designed to hold 2 belts, I was thinking I could make it fit... No?
Ah I may have read your first post incorrectly I thought you had reverted back from a single front seat and some how managed to loose the middle seatbelt from the front (cab area).

·
Registered
661 Posts
The seat belt I have removed for you is the one from the double front cab, I also have some normal seatbelt buckles spare if you want one of them too to dry and fabricate something?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I don't suppose anyone else has another double seat middle belt they are willing to part with? Mine if busted and locks in place when the seat is folded down. Tried all the tricks but it's the spool that's faulty. The inertia bearing kicks in as the seat folds flat...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts