VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out what sort of mpg i can get from a 2.5 tdi and how good i can make it with some mods ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi mate, I get around 35, I've had a tad more and I've had considerably less!
Got a 2.5tdi ( inter cooler) syncro, definitely remapped but not by me so I don't know the exact details.
Not fully loaded but generally with a fair amount of kit in the back, driven for the most part like a granny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry.. Just re read your original post and my reply above isn't really what you were looking for.
I've definitely seen the question asked before though so there must be.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks good info
looks like the syncro would use more fuel which is obvious
its hard to find the right thread on here with the search function or google !

·
Registered
167 Posts
My 888 does around 650 miles on £100 worth of diesal. Standard van apart from recently fitted cruise and oem intercooler that hasn't made a noticeable difference. Never worked out the mpg.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did a 1200 mile round trip to Germany in a 2.5tdi 102bhp. Cruising between 70 and 80 most of the way, two people and a light load. Returned 45mpg. Expect 35 to 40 town driving.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I did a 1200 mile round trip to Germany in a 2.5tdi 102bhp. Cruising between 70 and 80 most of the way, two people and a light load. Returned 45mpg. Expect 35 to 40 town driving.
Mine did about 30mpg at about 75mph on a 600mile journey with a virtually empty van - it does have a cat fitted though - but not for long T:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Mine did about 30mpg at about 75mph on a 600mile journey with a virtually empty van - it does have a cat fitted though - but not for long T:
btw if you are not aware new mot rules starting 16th feb f including Diesels visible check to see if cat is fitted. so make sure your new decat pipe looks like a cat

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mines a SWB 2.5tdi 88 bhp blue I. Mines been returning between 37 - 42 mpg fully loaded full camper conversion. Only mod I've done so far is blank the EGR off. Can't make my mind up though if its made the mpg worse or not yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suppose i usually probably get around 35-40 out of mine. But recently got 735 to a tank taking it quite steady. Awesome truck.

Ben

1 - 13 of 13 Posts