VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i 'm newbie person on t5's,- looking at pop up roof, for t5,
desperatly trying to figure out will Austop roof , with bed & fitted mattress fit 2 x 5'9 teenagers laid flat out with big feet without pushing on fabric end wall of roof
would be very gratefull for help or if any kind person is local to us - Fareham / lee on solent / hillhead and would let us take a look at their Austop we'd very much appreciate it... please

.... or if someone could measure 5'10 back from the front edge of a Austop bed & matress & tell me what the height is at that point - i 'd be very very grateful -

thanks J.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

Don't know if you found your answer but I too am in the same boat (or van!).
My girlfriend and I are both almost 5' 10". My only concerns with the Austop is that due to the type of hinges, they have a 'sharp end' rather than some other makes that use a scissor type hinge that gives you 6" or so at the foot end!
Apart from that the Austop seems a good option.

I am hoping to go and see one at SC Conversions in Cornwall on Saturday, hopefully they will let me lie up top so I can see for myself. If my feet are jammed up at the end I shall have to look at some of the models on ebay as I can no way afford Reimo!

I will post again on Saturday with the exact results!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts