VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, need some advice. I am selling a bike at the moment and I have had some interest off someone who has asked a lot of seemingly normal questions. They seemed very interested when in the last message I had a question asking for the reg number and log book reference number to do a mot check on vosa website. I gave this information and all has gone quiet since. Is there any thing I need to worry about ie scam of any kind - cloning etc. Any thoughts greatly received.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
These details are also needed for HPI check.

Quite normal really and wouldn't worry unless its got any hidden history?

Anybody who walks past my van can write the reg down and the ViN is also displayed on the dash. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers I just thought it a bit odd when communication just stopped when I gave the details. They were also not wanting to give a mobile number or anything so that made me start thinking. Probably nothing more than another timewaster/tyre kicker. I should have guessed really as he made an offer without even seeing it - my attitude is how can you make an offer in something you have never seen!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I am aware reg number only is needed for hpi, but registration document reference number is needed as well for vosa check.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Perfectly normal in my eyes, I always ask that so I can view mot history esp if mot is short and I'm worried it's been in and failed, sometimes people say no but really don't think you should worry, we all know what it's like when we're looking at vehicles and your weighing diff ideas up, what I'm trying to say is there's lots of reasons he / she hasn't come back on it..yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i wouuldnt let it worry you,im a motorcycle dealer myself and get lots of requests for this info,if its a scam good luck to them the s!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts