VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine tells me he can get me some "middle of the road" tyre's for 250. They aren't bridgestone's/pirelli's or anything like that but he recons a good tyre and good value for money. Does this sound good to you guy's? The fronts are 215/40/18 and the rear's are 245/40/18.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Have a look online and compare the prices to what he's quoted :*
Try Camskill, They a normally the cheapest or very close.

·
Registered
128 Posts
not sure but for info I paid a little less than £480 for 4 Kumho tyres 235/40 18s (95Y) - good mid range tyres.

budgets (eg like the fullrun rubbish that were on there) would have been around £240 I think.
Top of the range (Michelin etc) were around £800.

Get the name of the brand and ask your local tyre fitters. Fullrun have been nicknamed 'ditch huggers'!!

Also the road noise was awful. Sounded like a bearing was going. Much better now T:

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO! they aren't part worn. I don't want pure bacause as already mentioned the road noise is terrible and they're just rubbish. Middle of the road he say's. I still think 250 is very expensive. I guess thats just what it takes! What sites are good to compare online?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use Protyre. Good service and reasonable £. They have a website with tyre quoting on line (also an offers page)

Blackcircle is another on line quote and book website but they use fitters such as Protyre who will generally match the price anyway.

Bit of a cliche but always worth spending £ on decent tyres afterall they're the only bit touching the tarmac!

·
Registered
378 Posts
i use my tyres budget tyres goodrides! wearing even doing the job.
my mate just recommended goodrides to me for my beemer and i must say they are very good for the price. i paid £70 each for 235/40/18T:

·
Registered
589 Posts
NO! they aren't part worn. I don't want pure bacause as already mentioned the road noise is terrible and they're just rubbish. Middle of the road he say's. I still think 250 is very expensive. I guess thats just what it takes! What sites are good to compare online?
I only fit premium brands to mins purely because its between the tyres and brakes that stop you, the cheaper the tyres or brakes are the less work there gonna do.

I expect to pay around £120 a corner for new dunlop/continental/michelin then work out a deal with the chosen tyre fitter at the time.

Mark

·
Registered
377 Posts
Also, I often find cheap rubber is a false economy. I had some Nangkang rubbish on my MINI and they wore out within 5k miles, where as I fitted some Verdstiens that were £38 more a corner and they lasted double the miles.

If you got a lowered van and drive it a little bit more like a car than a van you'll really suffer from tyre choice in the wet and things because it doesn't take much to get them a little sideways.

·
Registered
405 Posts
A friend of mine tells me he can get me some "middle of the road" tyre's for 250. They aren't bridgestone's/pirelli's or anything like that but he recons a good tyre and good value for money. Does this sound good to you guy's? The fronts are 215/40/18 and the rear's are 245/40/18.
Send me a PM mate, reckon we have a mutual 'friend'!!! I:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts