VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to book a ferry for the TT does anyone on here recommend any campsites with Elec hook up. Also Any of you guys going?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry slightly off topic but I went a few years ago with 11 mates, all on enduro bikes and all in one 3.5 tonne truck. An absolute blastA:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I stayed at http://www.glenloughcampsite.com/index.htm in 2005 there is hard standing and hookups for vans you can get a cheep meal a night, if you watch from union mills church you get a seat ,sandwich plus a peice of cake and use the toilet for less than a fiver. The bus stops at the enterance of the site so you can get into Douglas and catch the electric tram up to the mountain .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry slightly off topic but I went a few years ago with 11 mates, all on enduro bikes and all in one 3.5 tonne truck. An absolute blastA:
I go every year too greenlaning, we try to limit the number to 10 as to big a group tends to upset the treehuggers, i can get 3 bikes, 3 men and gear in the van just and it is just the best fun.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
the ferry is expensive, I went over in the mini last year and it cost £180 with two people but that was off peak just after the TT and a special discount had been arranged as it was a classic mini event being held on the island. This year it's £220 because we are going in the summer holidays... but wait for it, to take the van with the mini on a trailer, £480!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I go every year too greenlaning, we try to limit the number to 10 as to big a group tends to upset the treehuggers, i can get 3 bikes, 3 men and gear in the van just and it is just the best fun.
Just the best week ever isn't it, you can get anywhere on the island. Good up the mouintains but scarey when the fog comes in and you have to find your way down.

We done a beech run, something like 15 miles from where we got on to where we left. True dakar style lol. Awesome.

I'll load a couple of old photos up later in the week when I get them from my mums. XR400's were the tool to have then:D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
A few photos from 1997, I think we went just about everywhere on the Island

Just arrived and bikes all parked safely ready for a night out

In the jungle

On the mountain

Having fun on the beech

And even some sight seeing

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have booked up for a fortnight(Practice and race week), we are staying at http://www.glenloughcampsite.com/index.htm with hook up and an awning
Going to take my Fireblade and KTM Enduro bike in the van. Best fortnight ever, cant wait to get let loose on that mountain track again.:D
So who are you in lanson then????? Must have seen you & van around?? Lucky so & so you are..... for going to TT. Its WSBK & BSB at brands for us.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Booked Glenlough today so will see you there soansey managed to get elec hook up aswell. Can't wait now, I'm not taking my bike just the camper and my son.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
So who are you in lanson then????? Must have seen you & van around?? Lucky so & so you are..... for going to TT. Its WSBK & BSB at brands for us.

I have a blue long nose T4, had it about 5 years now, i live near Race hill Garage. My van has been off the road for about 6 months now having a refurb ready for the summer.
I take it you are from Launceston then?.

Cheers Christian.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Booked Glenlough today so will see you there soansey managed to get elec hook up aswell. Can't wait now, I'm not taking my bike just the camper and my son.

Thats great mate, i am sure we will see each other then, i have a blue long nose T4 thats got big wheels etc. Me and the Mrs will be glad to make you a cuppa.T:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have a blue long nose T4, had it about 5 years now, i live near Race hill Garage. My van has been off the road for about 6 months now having a refurb ready for the summer.
I take it you are from Launceston then?.

Cheers Christian.
We live up at Stourscoumbe, do see a blue T4 down at truscotts each day but obviously not you then..... Have a look at my build thread and that will show you our van which you may have seen driving around.
Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts